PDA

View Full Version : Driving after SR swap...head unit + boost controller turn off, CEL flashing

treken2t87
10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
So I got my car back from getting the sr20 swapped into it and here's what's been happening. My car has seemingly been running okay however, this has been happening more and more frequently.

While driving, my head unit and boost controller randomly power off, and most times if I pull over and turn the car off and restart it, they will turn back on.

This has been happening almost every time I drive my car, and now sometimes after restarting, they won't even power back on. Even worse, my Check Engine Light flashes on and off.

I called the shop and they said it's most likely because of my car alarm??? It's a viper car alarm and it ran fine with my last motor.....Also, running 7 psi regularly, can switch to 14, but don't.

Can anyone please tell me what the heck they think might be happening???
This is my daily and I'm really trying to take care of it.

Here's a video I recorded when it happened yesterday on my way home from class (the tachometer is b/c of an ECU problem, it's getting replaced):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrXewjmQM2c

ALSO...I was driving it later that night and my car actually turned off while turning (was really scary cause the wheel locked up...luckily I was going slow...I put it in neutral, started it up, and it ran fine but the boost controller, head unit, and CEL did their whole deal again)

Future240
10-15-2008, 12:55 PM
It could be your battery. A friend of mine's car NA mazda had a battery that fucked up and while she was driving it would flicker off and on. App the water levels in her battery go so low that it fryed the lil thing

SidewayZ-s14
10-15-2008, 12:58 PM
It could be your battery. A friend of mine's car NA mazda had a battery that fucked up and while she was driving it would flicker off and on. App the water levels in her battery go so low that it fryed the lil thing

+1.
Same thing was happening to me. My battery terminals weren't making a good contact. Make sure yours are secured tightly on there.

treken2t87
10-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Well it might be my battery, maybe I'll go to autozone and have mine checked tonight.