PDA

View Full Version : bogging issue sr20det black top

s13_Angelo
10-13-2008, 07:29 PM
I searched a lot to the point my wife it's getting d mad at me for not pay g her attentio
Well I bought a s13 with a black top car was running fine but the idle was bad like at 1500
I took the car to the car wash and wash the engine bay ,today in the morning g it was pretty hard to start ,then when I got out from work I turn on the car and didn't let it warmed up and left I try to go over 4k and strted bogging it would go past 4 k but bogging a lot like fuel wasn't going throught. Istop and let it warm ,after that the car run fine; got to my house grab lunch and when I left to rent a movie it will do the same what can this be . Please help

neilsan
10-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Does the car have a boost gauge installed? It would help to know what the gauge reads when it bogs. Most likely it would read 0psi, which would indicate there's a leak in your intercooler piping somewhere. Most small leaks are fairly transparent while cruising in vacuum, but as soon as you try to make any boost it will let all the air out. Since the MAF is still metering for that air, the ECU is still calculating an increased fuel supply, and that momentary rich condition would be your Bog.

Find all the couplers in your intercooler piping and make certain they all have clamps and that all are able to be tightened properly. If you find one that doesn't want to stay tight, replace that clamp and all others that look like they could be the same brand.

p.s. for the sake of engine bay wiring, you probably shouldn't wash your engine at the car wash.

Sideways_blksr20
10-15-2008, 05:09 PM
I found the problem water went inside spark plugs dry it off and call of the day

johngriff
10-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Omfg english

SidewayZ-s14
10-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Omfg english

LOL.
Yeah........