PDA

View Full Version : engine doesn't turn over, need help

zidek
10-13-2008, 04:57 PM
so the other day i get to my sr swapped 90 coupe and it turns a couple times then stops. i figure it might be my fuel pump switch so i hit that and it doesn't even turn. i turn the switch the other way and still no go. i take out the switch and wired it straight, check all fuses, check all connections and still no turn. when i try to start all the lights turn on, fuel pump turns on for a few secs and stops and when the key is turned all the way everything turns off untill i release the key. i thought it might be my ground coming off the battery since it was toasted a bit but i swapped that today and still no go. there's a full tank of gas and all fuses are good everywhere. there aren't any other electronics to interfere cause i disconnected my fan. all my fluids are at good levels. i tried to jump it and it doesn't turn. i messed with the little clutch pedal button thinkin it wasn't engaged enough from the clutch pedal and same result. up to this point everything has been fine. so to sum it up i get in, turn the key and pause, fuel pump primes and lights come on, turn all the way everything turns off and it doesn't even try to turn, release the key and lights come back on. advice? PS: would the oily residue from me not cleaning my engine caked up on everything (including the alternator) play a role? thanks in advance

zidek
10-14-2008, 06:37 AM
maybe this should go in engine tech?

zidek
10-16-2008, 06:23 AM
anyone? i checked the probs in other threads and tried some of that advice too. the rest to follow 2maro