PDA

View Full Version : blitz sbc works in reverse!?!

NORFY
10-11-2008, 10:03 AM
hey there guys, i recently bought a blitz sbc off ebay (i know:down:) to fit my UK spec 200sx (240sx)

this is the unit,
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk280/norfy999/13788019a.jpg

ive had loads of trouble fitting it and found out that the loom and solenoid are not standard blitz items.

well its all fitted as the seller has said and it does seem correct, the unit appears to work perfectly fine on the road.

my problem is that when i adjust the boost level `up`, the actual boost pressure drops. :confused::confused::confused:
so my car is running 14 psi(1bar) and when i turn it up (hoping to reach 17psi (1.2bar) i actually only get about 8 psi(?bar)

i had another look today and think the problem might be with the solenoid, im sure that normal boost solenoids have three ports (in, out, and one to atmos) whereas this one ive been sent only has two (in, out)
and iirc you need the port to atmos to allow the boost pressure to rise.

does this sound about right? i mean does it sound like the 2 port solenoid is the problem?

many thanks, Mark

s15specR
10-11-2008, 10:15 AM
you may have hooked it up wrong, mines works great, the gain setting is a little insteresting and the auto setting works better than manual for me. However I just realized I have the dual solenoid.

NORFY
10-11-2008, 10:26 AM
i really wish i paid the extra and got a proper unit now :(

cant afford to get another so i need to get this working

s15specR
10-11-2008, 10:29 AM
I would order a replacment solenoid and harness from a blitz dealer like edo performance.

Also the solenoids usually have two, the one you have seems to be a the stock (OEM) solenoid

NORFY
10-11-2008, 11:10 AM
a harness and solenoid cost about as much as i paid for the lot!

im wondering wether i could use a solenoid off something like a mitsubishi lancer or a scooby

s15specR
10-11-2008, 12:17 PM
you may end up with the same problem you're having now, the blitz controller was designed to work with a specific solenoid

NORFY
10-11-2008, 12:38 PM
looks like im gonna be sending this back to the seller then