PDA

View Full Version : The Time Has Come

ESmorz
10-09-2008, 11:24 PM
To replace my head gasket. (DOHC)

I have been putting it off for awhile now, but I would like to have my 240 up and running again. I've never tackled anything this mechanically serious, so I am looking forward to it being a good experience to get my hands dirty and learn a lot. Also dreading the amount of time and effort it will take.

So far I've got these parts:

Fel-Pro Full Gasket Kit
ARP Head Studs
PBM Rad, Silicone Rad Hoses, Water Temp Gauge (to ensure it doesn't happen again)
Once the head is removed, Have it resurfaced and the valve stem seals replaced?

What else should I include in my goody bag? I was thinking maybe the upper timing chain guides since I'll already be all up in there...

Any common hindrances I should know about? I've gone through like 20 pages of search on multiple forums, and found nothing but "OMGZ my engine is overheating head gasket... what!" so yeah...

Also... Anyone in the San Diego/ North County area with knowledge pertaining to this matter want to help out? Free bbq and drinks :)

Thanks Zilvia Pals.

:love:

cc4usmc
10-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Seach NOOB.

<3

ESmorz
10-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Seach NOOB.

<3

I'm so sick of dicking around through the utterly countless "Is my Head Gasket Blown" threads I could beat a small, very cute puppy.

:bite:

DreamN
10-10-2008, 12:02 AM
stop searching head gasket related threads and search rebuild threads since it's basically what you're doing.