PDA

View Full Version : BRAKE HARDLINE QUESTION! And ADVANCED QUESTION!

sac
10-06-2008, 01:31 AM
OK.
I pulled EVERYTHING out of engine bay to stitch weld/paint engine bay. Then after i finished i noticed pinched hard lines and some with crappy stripped fittings.(by rear calipers)And some that just looked like they needed replacing. So STUPIDLY, i threw them all away.:bash:

Now i need to get new lines, but i dont know what size hardline i will need.
And do i need a perportioning valve? I would think so.. but not 100%.

I will be running z32 30mm aluminum calipers. Front and rear. With a z32 BMC (hopefully 1 1/16).

also, i've been thinking. Is there a way to run a seperate hydraulic handle for the rear brakes AND run the mechanical style E-brake.

like have The brakes function just as if they were factory on a z32, and then when you pull the handle JUST the rear calipers apply. (not the drum style parking brake) I know there are drift guys that run handles like this..
Ksport USA - Performance Suspension (http://www.ksportusa.com/asp/hydraulic.asp)
I am like 90% sure of how to hook this all up, I know where i would want everything mounted, and everything, just dont know what valve to use..

xsparc
10-06-2008, 03:16 PM
for the hyd e-brake you would use a remote reservoir master cylinder like this one from willwood Wilwood Engineering - Compact Remote Master Cylinder (http://www.wilwood.com/Products/006-MasterCylinders/004-CRRMC/index.asp) or a similar one from girling.

you would just plumb it inline to the rear brakes.

projectRDM
10-06-2008, 03:24 PM
also, i've been thinking. Is there a way to run a seperate hydraulic handle for the rear brakes AND run the mechanical style E-brake.

Not possible without drums. The Z32 caliper does not have a mechanical actuator.

xsparc
10-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Not possible without drums. The Z32 caliper does not have a mechanical actuator.

well he could if he had the whole z32 rear setup, but then he would have 2 ebrake handles.... which i think would look... odd

sac
10-06-2008, 04:45 PM
I know i would have to run a seperate master cylinder. I have the z32 e brake assembly. The only question i have is what type of valve would i need to put in the line? Some type of Y fitting with one way valves i'd imagine...

Yes the two handles thing is kinda what i am thinking. I dont think it would look to bad if i fiberglassed a custom console around it. This may not be something someone else would like, but i am just thinking i may like how its set up.

xsparc
10-06-2008, 04:50 PM
the one i put up in the link is exacly what you need.

sac
10-07-2008, 01:04 AM
the one i put up in the link is exacly what you need.
^^ WTF??? doesnt make sense. Are ya reading the entire post? I am not asking about what type of MASTER CYLINDER i need. I AM asking about what type of VALVE needs to be down behind BOTH the main BMC, and the MC controlling the rear brakes. So that when i step on the brake pedal the brakes are setup normally, and then when i pull handle #2 the rear disc pads grab hard. I already have handle #1 setup so when i pull it the emergency brake shoes grab the inside of my rotor.

xsparc
10-07-2008, 09:31 AM
ok you need to look up how this is supposed to works then. you dont need any other valve. go on, put a 1 way valve in there and see what happens. just trying to help.

cdlong
10-07-2008, 09:49 AM
to answer your first questions...

just go into autozone and ask what size lines you need. they'll have the info for type of fitting and thread size. as for length, just measure it and buy the closest premade line, or buy everything in bulk and make your own.

the MC already has a prop valve built in, no need for a new one.

ho1ywars
10-07-2008, 06:12 PM
you could run a line lock type of setup so it seperates the rear from the front for when your at a drift event. lock it ... pedal will control the fronts, handle will controll the rear. just tap the handle into the rear brakes behind the lock. just an idea..

sac
10-07-2008, 06:19 PM
^ ya, i thought about doing that, but when i step on the pedal i want all 4 brakes to apply. Ok.. well i think i have found a valve that will work. I bought 3 of them. One to test, and 2 to go on if it works. I am gonna hook it up to a forklift at work and see if it will do what i want. IF so then you will see a custom center console made. ;)