PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start after clutch cylinder/ss line swap

neverrain
10-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Hey,

Kinda irritated about this now.

I spent a better portion of the day swapping the crappy aftermarket clutch master and slave cylinders with OEM and threw a SS MC/SC line in as well. Bled it well, sealed it, hop in the car, push the clutch and nothing.

When I push the clutch I can feel the clutch engaging well.

I was listening to my radio in the car while I was working on it, I do have an amp and sub hooked up to it as well. After about 2 hours of it playing I hopped in the car and started it with no issue. I decide that I don't like the location of the clutch and go to adjust it (which turned out to be a bitch because I had to reraise the [lowered] car). Get everything lined up correctly in a higher pedal position that before, rebleed it, seal it, and hop back in the car. I go to start it and nothing. I have a great feel on the clutch, I can feel it engage right and everything.

So my question is: Is it possible that I ran the battery down far enough to not start my car? Everything else electric on the car works fine, radio, headlights, etc. I can hear the clicking of the starter, but nothing. I am doing this alone, but i'm 99% sure my clutch is engaging properly.

Any ideas? I've also got it charging in the garage now. Any help is super appreciated so I don't need to take the day off tomorrow and waste my PTO.

projectRDM
10-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Either the battery is weak or the clutch switch isn't engaging.

neverrain
10-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Either the battery is weak or the clutch switch isn't engaging.

Nope. Turned out to be that stupid plastic piece that engages the starter switch under the clutch pedal. The brake side has one too. I replaced the brake side not even 3 months ago. Shoulda gotten the clutch one too.

Thanks for your input.

LA_phantom_240
10-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Isn't that what he said?

neverrain
10-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Isn't that what he said?

Yea heh. I read his response wrong. Thought he said the clutch wasn't engaging. If I could rep ya I would. Thanks for the info.