PDA

View Full Version : s14 door window removal

dirtdiggler666
10-03-2008, 10:09 PM
ok might be a dumb question but i need to get the windows out is it better to get them out when they are up or down?? and i also need to get the motor out???

CAR_sileighty
10-03-2008, 10:23 PM
ok might be a dumb question but i need to get the windows out is it better to get them out when they are up or down?? and i also need to get the motor out???

First remove door panel, then adjust door glass up or down til you see the mounting point of the door glass on the regulator. remove the two bolts, then remove the stops at the top of the door frame. Then you can fish the glass out. The motor is held on by 4-5 bolts if i can remember correctly. Unplug and remove motor

dirtdiggler666
10-03-2008, 10:51 PM
what if the doors have no power and they are all the way down????

importdude
10-03-2008, 10:55 PM
i forgot exactly but i always use the power motor to move up/down to line up the holes in the door skin

there is one Nut on the Left with a huge hole, and one on the right with a small hole size of a socket.

if there is no power hopefully u can get to the nuts

then remove the motor, and affix the gear.latch all the way in the up position
then reinstall the motor so it keeps the window up

projectRDM
10-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Hook a drill battery to the motor, anything above 9V will work fine.

CAR_sileighty
10-04-2008, 10:54 AM
you can unbolt the regulator bracket/motor all together. Then you should be able to move the whole assembly up by hand until the bolts on the door glass are visible, then unbolt those to get the glass out. Its kinda a PITA but if you have someone to help hold the glass up while the ENTIRE assembly is loose then im sure you can remove the glass first, then the motor and other parts

dirtdiggler666
10-04-2008, 05:31 PM
thanks so much for all the help guys