PDA

View Full Version : recirculated b.o.v(is it the answer?)

ross.cottrill
10-03-2008, 08:00 PM
just wondering if any of you guys have recirculated your bov to correct the bad idle stumble since our cars are maf stock and should be.did it help clean that issue up.what product did you use?im thinking of going with a forge since thats what all the dsm guys swear by.lmk what you guys think.oh by the way my set-up is a daily driven s13 blacktop with fresh rebuild twinscroll 3017 and all the bs.im trying to have power steering and a/c as it will be daily driven.thanx in advance and sorry for the novel!!..ross

BiG MiKE86
10-03-2008, 09:25 PM
just wondering if any of you guys have recirculated your bov to correct the bad idle stumble since our cars are maf stock and should be.did it help clean that issue up.what product did you use?im thinking of going with a forge since thats what all the dsm guys swear by.lmk what you guys think.oh by the way my set-up is a daily driven s13 blacktop with fresh rebuild twinscroll 3017 and all the bs.im trying to have power steering and a/c as it will be daily driven.thanx in advance and sorry for the novel!!..ross
Recirculation should fix some of that - but I believe if u set your BOV properly you could also fix that problem

singlecamslam
10-03-2008, 10:58 PM
HKS SSQ dont need to be recirculated, i just put mine in and everything is fine. My idle sucks because of my IACV.

Kinzer SR13gtR
10-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Yes, your idle will stumble without a recirculation setup,
because your MAF/ECU is reading a certain amount of air, and then actually getting less.
Recirculatiing it will alleviate this. (unless there is another secondary problem)
It doesnt matter what brand or type of valve you use, its all the same.
Its a simple fact of how the ECM/MAF works.
The older design on the HKS sequential, has some solid engineering behind its theory.
But in reality, it wasnt that fast, and had quite a bit of valve flutter. (causing surge)
I cannot vouch for the newset design, and dont know if anythings been reengineered.
The valve should have one quick release. Not a Sputter, or long drawn out blast.
The Apexi Super Blowoff valve was the best/fastest/most efficient, that I have compared, TO ALL THE COMPETITION.
Up until most recently, the new Synapse "Synchronic" blowoff valves are the fastest things out there. But I have not tested one myself yet.
So... I can only go by their advertised videos.
Ebay has a lot of knock off HKS, GReddy BOV's, so dont source there. FYI~

... Hope it helps. Good luck.
Oh by the way...
DSM guys are a weird and funny group.
Becareful with their advice.... I should know, I was one of them. lol!

Fries
10-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Recirculate! Unless you plan on tuning the car to deal with the pressure loss. If you dont want to recirculate because of the "cool" sound... Get a SRT4.

Please recirculate.

Kinzer SR13gtR
10-03-2008, 11:31 PM
....yes!! PERFECTLY STATED FRIES!!!

RECIRCULATE THAT THING... or emulate a skittle!

Mr. Camshaft
10-03-2008, 11:50 PM
You could do the blow-by MAF thing.

issac
10-03-2008, 11:54 PM
switch to a map sensor. DONE!:bigok:

ross.cottrill
10-04-2008, 10:27 AM
i want to keep my enthalpy tune!

racepar1
10-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Recircualte it or change your SN to "Toretto"! I REALLY hate loud ass annoying BOV's!

WoolyS14DET
10-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Im running my BOV (Blitz DD) to atomosphere and I have no stuble idle issues at all !!
runs great no pops nothing !!
GT2871r
Z32 AFM
Wolf ECU
NISMO 555cc