PDA

View Full Version : Passport Photos

MudRacer
10-03-2008, 01:16 PM
I need to get me some passport photos taken, and have it available by tomorrow morning for my passport. Where do i go?

I went to rite-aid just now and they do it for 8 bucks. But the lady had no clue what she was doing. She took the picture twice and both times it printed with half my head cut off. They had some bulky sony camera with a flashlight that she held in her hand. Her being 2 feet shorter than me I dont think it was a proper shot.

I was on my 15 min break so I told her I'll come back. The photo that she printed was so high in contrast you could not see my white shirt, It blended with the background. I'm not going to pay someone 8 dollars to do a job I can do myself with a digital camera. But I just dont have the time for it. And Fedex/Kinkos and UPS charge 15 bucks for 2 2x2 photos. Ridiculous. /rant

Im working in the huntington beach area. Need to get this done today.

I just want a professional job done so when I take it in they dont reject it. The post office is nearby but they will take more than forever to get something done with the staff they have at hand.

What do you recommend? Any experiences? Preferences?

ALTRNTV
10-03-2008, 01:19 PM
The post office has a separate room just for passport
stuff, so I'm sure they have available staff there. That's
where I went to get my passport pics taken. It took 10mins.

stiizy
10-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Cvs, Walgreens, any place like that it takes like 4 minutes and they give you the correct shot and size and its cheap

ALTRNTV
10-03-2008, 01:22 PM
You should just go to the post office so you can
take the pics, and then process it right away.

Kill. Two birds. One stone.

Stiizy, that anime .gif is hilarious.

tougemiata
10-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I just went to Costco yesterday. 5 bucks a person and it took 10 minutes to print.

stiizy
10-03-2008, 01:30 PM

haha which one the stewie or love hina??

MudRacer
10-03-2008, 01:33 PM

I'd love to. But the Immig. and the H.S. Dept want me to come in for fingerprinting or whatevers and I cant skip on that.
The Post office here, I went there once to mail a Harddrive. Took me 20 mins since they are mostly understaffed. Everyone else was running around while one person attended the people. I hate goin there. But I will give it a shot and see what they can do for me. Why cant they just accept it in digital format. I would gladly burn a cd with photos on it and just hand it over.

Costco seems a good idea. I have sams Club. Do they do photos?

muddafakka
10-03-2008, 04:22 PM
CVS is where I went. In and out, no hassle.

driven_
10-03-2008, 09:25 PM
el store de drugs.

seriously, Walgreens, CVS, Osco-Drug?

WERDdabuilder
10-03-2008, 11:26 PM
walmart.

mdaksdasdadwd

juice.def
10-03-2008, 11:38 PM
wal mart hooked me up

Andrew Bohan
10-03-2008, 11:59 PM
i went to walgreens once.

as soon as i saw that the lady was going to use a handheld point and shoot i left. hella unprofessional

i ended up just taking and printing my own pictures. complete control of the process and good equipment ftw.

illvialuver
10-04-2008, 01:28 PM
when I first read this i thought of that Russel Peters stand up with him smiling without showing his teeth for his passport photo.

ronmcdon
10-04-2008, 01:36 PM
i went to walgreens once.

as soon as i saw that the lady was going to use a handheld point and shoot i left. hella unprofessional

i ended up just taking and printing my own pictures. complete control of the process and good equipment ftw.

DMV photos are even worse (if not the worst). there's never enough lighting, and flash they use produces photos that make ppl look dark and oily.
not sure if there's an option to bring in your own pics instead.

MudRacer
10-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I went to CVS. They had the crappiest, cheapest digital kodak camera, It didnt even have labels in the back of it for the options.

The guy made me sit on some seat. stood like 2 feet away, took 5 photos. then he walked over to the photo print stations (anyone can use these) pulled out the SD card. and went through the wizard to print out passport photos.

The quality was horrible. the lighting sucked. and I paid them 8 bucks for it. I didnt wanna be an ass.

I could have taken a good picture at home, cropped it etc in photoshop. fixed hte lighting, and printed my own damn copies for 80 cents.

Funny thing is. I didnt even need to bring in passport photos. they had a crappy camera setup with their fingerprinting machines. and I dont even kno how they use those photos without lighting, or proper posture. Not that it matters much. But still, its the principle, time and age that we are in nowadays.

For anyone who needs to take passport photos. Take your own pics, and print them yourselves, like andrew said above. The prints I got are probably going to trash: $8 down the drain.