PDA

View Full Version : overheating !!!

s14jesse
10-01-2008, 09:45 PM
SR20
so i always had this prob specialy when im drifitng(mostly any car over heast when drifting) anywho my motor gets hot real fast the higher the gear it heast up faster ...im runing a fmic aluminum radiator stock s14 electric fan and stock clutch fan with fan shrout(however u spell it)and yes teh fan clutch is good...but im not running a thermostat on the motor..when i do put 1 on it gets hot right away even wit ha nismo thermostat. so anybody have any ideas y its overheating alot

thanks to evrybody that helps :coold:

cjtotalbro
10-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks.

I didnt know cars got hot when drifting.

s14jesse
10-01-2008, 09:54 PM
ha ha funny..lol..seriously any clue y it over heats im talking bout overheating like going all the way to the H hot..lol

blackrms13
10-01-2008, 10:07 PM
did u bleed the motor correctly?
water pump working?

Massimo Power
10-01-2008, 10:17 PM
you probably have a bad head gasket if it overheats all the time.... check your cooling system and you might want to do a flush...

but its most likely the head gasket.. check your oil make sure its not white.. and check the spark plugs for green coloring and white build up. I beleive thats coolant in the cumbustion chamber.

DJDANGER24
10-02-2008, 01:53 AM
do you have an actual water temp gauge/meter besides the stock one ? either way, like massimo said, do a complete flush and check your oil for milky looking color.