PDA

View Full Version : MISSOURI NEWS: 2 Mile Race Track In Ozarks, info here

SexPanda
09-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, for those of you who dont know, or want some more info on the plans, here they are.

MARSHFIELD, Mo. -- A vacant field north of Marshfield is a developer's dream and a city administrator’s hope for a booming future. Plans are in the works to turn Marshfield into a major sporting destination.

Jerry Douglas hopes to build a “top end motor course race track” on 300 acres north of Marshfield’s sewer treatment plant on the west side of Interstate 44.

Douglas has professional and personal reasons for developing Mid-Continent Motorsports Park, a project that he calls his field of dreams.
"Me and a lot of other racers in this area travel long distances,” he said. "I recognized the need for a track in this area. Geographically, it's perfect.
"We have Lake of the Ozarks; we have Table Rock Lake; we have Branson; we have Bass Pro Shops -- all these attractions that make this a destination,” he said.

Marshfield City Administrator Dan McMillan beams when he talks about the plan.

"The three rules to what they were looking for is location, location, location, and that particular piece of land has all those three rules," said McMillan.

Tens of thousands of visitors each year would mean big changes. McMillan said the city is in talks with developers and the Missouri Department of Transportation to create a new interchange on Interstate 44 outside the park. City leaders also would like to annex the site. And the days of being a two-hotel town would be no more.

"That equates to jobs, tax base and sales tax, and I'm looking for all of it,” said McMillan.

That means the race to opening day should be just as fun to watch as the competition on the track.

"Several racers in the area I know are not sleeping a whole lot right now because of the enthusiasm and excitement about having a local track,” said Douglas.

The developers, who are all from southwest Missouri, say they expect to close the purchase of the property in the next 30 days. They hope to open sometime in 2009.
----
Here's additional information on the plans, which are still in the design and feasibility study stages:
--Developers are Jerry Douglas of Ozark, Tish Dickson of Ozark and Chris Brannon of Mountain Home, Ark.
--The motorsports complex would be on 300+ acres and would have a 2.1-mile paved track that would "follow the natural contour of the land in order to preserve the natural beauty of the Ozarks. The objective is to bring a familiy friendly racing complex with an international flair to southwest Missouri." --The developers hope to bring in professional road racing, including events such as Speed World Challenge, American Le Mans, Grand Am Cup and AMA motorcycle racing. They also foresee amateur SCCA regional and national races, NASA, vintage sports car racing, and individual maquee club events such as those of the Porsche Club of America, BMW Car Club of America, Corvette and Shelby clubs

http://media.ky3.com/images/Track+Detail.JPG

twotoes
09-29-2008, 10:14 PM
OMG......this is possibly the most orgasmic news ive ever heard in my entire life!

....kile i just realized you were the one who posted this! Why wasnt i told!!!???

yeah there is no way im going to fall asleep tonight, this is way to good of news if it all works out.

SexPanda
09-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Apparently it is all working out. They've gotten in touch with MoDot to make a turn off of 44 to marshfield, and theyre gonna start building more hotels and what not.

Its only a matter of time. Look for it in 2010 at the earliest.

oh and I thought you knew pat. BTW where were you sunday? I though you were going to paint your car krylon matt black.

twotoes
09-30-2008, 01:14 PM
i read up on the project on the ky3 website and apparently they actually plan on it being up and running by the end of 09 which would be the mcSHIT. There is talk of incorporating a circle track and a drag strip so the plans arent completely final yet. Why couldnt they have started this a year ago :( now im gonna graduate and leave and wont get to experience the greatness of this track.

yeah i was gonna stop by but damn dude finals have me swamped. today is my last one so all should be good starting tmrw. Also im talkin myself into painting the 2fizzle the gunmetal grey color that i have for the civic but i havent decide yet, you kow me...i cant make up my mind for shit dude.

s13dan
11-01-2008, 10:48 PM
I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS . This is fucking great finally a real track and its close to home! ??Drift Days??

basicmods
05-14-2009, 01:12 AM
any updates on this?

.Smitty.
05-14-2009, 11:42 AM
any updates on this?

yes. updates plz

Mad Hatter
10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
any updates on this? I remember hearing alot about it a couple yrs back. Its now almost 2011 and i have heard nothing else on the subject.

Sorry to drag up an ancient thread... but this track actually being built could drasticly change how i build my car.

tommytwo40hands
10-28-2010, 09:27 AM
this thread is ancient, but i think the plans fell through due to our shitty economy..i remember when they first started talking about it, and it was on the news and everything..but there has been no updates or info since. i've even talked to locals in Marshfield and some didn't even know there was suppose to be a track built!

WE NEED A GOOD TRACK IN MO NOW THAT GATEWAY IS CLOSING IT GATES!