PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! koyo Rad. Problem

silviachik420
09-28-2008, 06:58 AM
Ok so heres the deal, I have a koyo in my SR swapped S13 and I noticed a lil drip under the car. Well turns out in the bottom drivers side (USDM)of my koyo radiator there is like the size of a dime plastic hollow phillips head screw im guessing its the drain??????? well mine was dripping i went to tighten it and the head snapped right off thus now leaking more :aw: soo i guess its better now then in bum fum egipt lol!!!!

SOOOOOO My question where the heck can I get this lil deal?????

has any one run into this??

rican_nick
09-28-2008, 07:20 AM
Pretty sure I used the stock one off of my KA radiator. They are all pretty much the same.

OBEEWON
09-28-2008, 08:03 AM
KOYO sucks. Copper is better for cooling anyway

aNskY
09-28-2008, 01:46 PM
just take the plug to a hardware store and get a short bolt with the same thread, and a copper crush washer.

silviachik420
09-28-2008, 03:00 PM
thats what i was thinking thanks

just take the plug to a hardware store and get a short bolt with the same thread, and a copper crush washer.

cazman
09-28-2008, 06:44 PM

The thread should be NPT or such, ie tapered, so a normal bolt shouldnt be used, the copper wash would seal it but the thread wont hold if its NPT etc

aNskY
09-28-2008, 07:08 PM
The thread should be NPT or such, ie tapered, so a normal bolt shouldnt be used, the copper wash would seal it but the thread wont hold if its NPT etc

like i said, MATCH THE THREADS. dont just cross-thread something in. if you dont have a specialty hardware store close by, figure out exactly what it is and order something online.