PDA

View Full Version : More negative camber

YoungGun
09-26-2008, 08:41 AM
How can I go about getting more negative camber in the front.

My camber plates are maxed but I believe there is another way.

Will more camber in the front allow my tires to clear my fenders if i'm low?

awesomenick
09-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Slot the shocks/ coilovers.

Slot the strut towers.

Both are questionable ideas.

Matej
09-26-2008, 08:49 AM
S14 FLCA + Ebay camber bolts is what I'm doing.

If you want it for clearance, try the camber bolts.

You can also slot the strut towers or coilovers, but I don't feel comfortable cutting into my car.

YoungGun
09-26-2008, 09:06 AM
S14 FLCA + Ebay camber bolts is what I'm doing.

If you want it for clearance, try the camber bolts.

You can also slot the strut towers or coilovers, but I don't feel comfortable cutting into my car.
You're low, more camber will let the tire clear correct?

I guess i'll try the camber bolts but I refuse to raise it.

Matej
09-26-2008, 09:35 AM
It depends on how you attain the negative camber. If you push the top of the wheel in then yes, but if you push the bottom of the wheel out then the top clearance will remain unchanged.

SoSideways
09-26-2008, 12:13 PM

I guess i'll try the camber bolts but I refuse to raise it.

What is not clearing exactly?

Like, when you lower your car off of a jack, and the tire hits the fender when the car's on the way down?

Or are you talking about when you're driving and hitting the fender when you turn your wheels?

YoungGun
09-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah when I drift and try to transition the load tucks the front tire and I can't steer the wheel because the tire is like stuck against the fender. So i'm hoping more camber will fix this.

Dousan_PG
09-26-2008, 12:39 PM
whats yoru alignment setup right now?
and suspension setup

SoSideways
09-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah I'm thinking caster might have to be changed here, not just camber alone...

YoungGun
09-26-2008, 12:46 PM
I haven't gotten it aligned yet so I dont know any of the specs.

But just megan coilovers for whats concerned in the front and tension rods.

Matej
09-26-2008, 12:48 PM
What size and offset wheels are you running, and what tire size?

Did you hammer the lips inside your wheel wheels? If not, that's what the tire might be getting stuck on, or it might be rubbing on the sides of the well. Sidewall rubbing on just the fender shouldn't be bad enough to feel like it's preventing you from turning, unless the fender sits directly above the top of the tire, but I doubt that.

YoungGun
09-26-2008, 12:51 PM
17x9.5 +7 with 215/40.

I banged the inside lips, i'm pretty sure its the tire hitting the fender, but i'll recheck the lips and see if I need to hit them any more.

Dousan_PG
09-26-2008, 12:57 PM
maybe you shouldnt get wheels that stick out past your fenders?
or are you running aftermarket frp fenders?

get an alignment.
your rear toe is probabyl all fucked too
making transitions MUCH harder then they shoudl be.

Matej
09-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Those specs should definitely be doable without any rubbing on anything. Heat up and hammer your fenders from the inside some more. Post some pics if you can.

YoungGun
09-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah I have wider frp fenders, if anything I need a bigger spacers since the wheels are sunken.

Yeah I do need an alignment you can definitely tell one of my rear wheels is toed in a little bit.

I'll go take some pictures in a little bit here.

racepar1
09-26-2008, 01:27 PM
I trimmed the lip off of those fenders right? If not trim it off or trim it more. Beyond that I think you are going to have to raise the car a bit. Your shit is SLAMMED as FUCK anyways man!

Matej
09-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Hmm, if you have wide fenders it must be something else. I have stock fenders and I'm running a taller tire that sticks out more, and I also have Megans.
My fenders are only held on with zipties though, which gives them a lot of slack. Are yours bolted down? Although with the setup you posted I don't think the fenders would be a problem.

joshchewuhh
09-26-2008, 01:35 PM
well depending on the coilovers you have, there should be four camber holes for the screws. Did you already move holes to make more camber?!?

my shit rubs the fenders all the time during transitions i refuse to go higher

upSLIDEdown
09-26-2008, 01:51 PM
I banged the inside lips, i'm pretty sure its the tire hitting the fender, but i'll recheck the lips and see if I need to hit them any more.

Yeah I have wider frp fenders, if anything I need a bigger spacers since the wheels are sunken.

These two things don't make sense. If you have FRP fenders, you can't bang them. You trim the lip off. If they're stock metal fenders, you roll/pull them.

Yeah when I drift and try to transition the load tucks the front tire and I can't steer the wheel because the tire is like stuck against the fender. So i'm hoping more camber will fix this.

From the sounds of that, it's the front part of the wheel well. Is it the inside tire that's rubbing after you transition? You probably need to beat on some metal. The FRP will clearance itself if it rubs. Or crack, depending on how bad it rubs... lol.

YoungGun
09-26-2008, 03:02 PM
No I meant I hit the inside metal pieces in the wheel well that stick out not hit the fender that would be bad lol.

Josh, yeah I moved all the screws over, no more room to play with up there.

I'll buy those camber bolts off ebay, i'll have to raise it in the front a little bit for tomorrow but we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for all the input everyone

Hashiriya415
09-26-2008, 03:08 PM
BUY MY BATTLE VERSION LOWER CONTROL ARMS

it should give you a whole 5degress of camber extra or more.

$700 with your old ones if still good
or $800 alone

upSLIDEdown
09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
No I meant I hit the inside metal pieces in the wheel well that stick out

Where? Up top? In front? Got pics? If it's metal, you can more than likely beat on it and fix your problem. If not, run a shorter tire. I'm pretty fuckin low and I don't rub at all. Try to take some pics of what you're rubbing on. You can hit under the fender with a quick spray can coat and see what rubs off and where. Then beat on that area.

racepar1
09-26-2008, 03:43 PM
No I meant I hit the inside metal pieces in the wheel well that stick out not hit the fender that would be bad lol.

Josh, yeah I moved all the screws over, no more room to play with up there.

I'll buy those camber bolts off ebay, i'll have to raise it in the front a little bit for tomorrow but we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for all the input everyone

Wait, at the back of the wheelwell? The pinch welds? Or at the front of the wheelwell? Or the pinch weld at the top of the wheelwell? The solution to any and all of those problems is a BFH. Hammer the pinch welds flat (bend them towards the middle of the car) and/or bang out the front of the wheelwell a bit.

nieko
09-26-2008, 03:58 PM
dude.... cody GET AN ALIGNMENT! youll be amazed on how your car acts when its straight haha or with whatever alignement settings youdl ike..

70 bucks with ernie go handle dude

YoungGun
09-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah guys the pinch welds and the metal tubs in the front I thought I hit them back enough but maybe more is needed? Thanks for the idea with the spray paint i'll definitely try that out.

Thanks for the heads up nieko i'll definitely go to ernie then.

SoSideways
09-27-2008, 03:16 PM
You need to hit the front of the wheel well, where the tub is, quite a bit.

Usually it's the outter corner that's going to give you the most problem, because when the wheel turns it's only really interfering with the outer corner of that wheel tub.

Ninjabread
09-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Ya I rub in front there, back where the strut tower meets the firewall, and up top. Sometimes i do get that "steering locked" feeling, but only on one side, so I think that my caster must be off on one side. Too bad theres no way of ghetto checking the caster, because no alignement shops around here will touch my car :(

Need to hammer some more i guess!

YoungGun
09-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Yes I can relate to it only being on one side with the steering lock.

I went out today and it did it still but not as bad as before, so I will bang the shit out of it before next weekend. I guess this thread should be renamed? LOL