PDA

View Full Version : SEAFOAM gone wrong or is it my engine

jussjepbrox
09-25-2008, 09:46 AM
so i just seafoamed my car 1/3 brake boost, crank, gas so while i was doing it thru the booster the smoke came from sumwhere out of my engine didnt think much of it waited 10 mins started the car idle for a couple mins idle was good and consitant, while i was driving i smashed around the block for a few mins when i got home the smoke was coming from my hood i look under didnt know it was coming from,

is my engine going bad???

ManoNegra
09-25-2008, 09:49 AM
you probably have an exhaust leak in the manifold or downpipe area
does the car sound louder than usual?

ryguy
09-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Woah dude, call the grammar police.

Seafoam is SUPPOSED to smoke like a mofo when you use it through the vacuum system, you might have an exhaust leak that's letting it into your engine bay. If I understand what you're trying to say, there's nothing to worry about. It's just the seafoam doing its job.

jussjepbrox
09-25-2008, 09:52 AM
no its got a stock exhaust and is quiet as hell and it doesnt sound like theres any leaks

markyboi
09-25-2008, 09:59 AM
if there is a smoke coming out of your engine using seafoam, then there is obviously a leak

the smoke should be coming out of your exhaust just like it's suppose to be

CrazyTrance
09-25-2008, 10:03 AM
no need to worry.

Do it again! It's fun!!!

Addicted2Kouki
09-26-2008, 12:23 AM
You shouldnt smash down the block with Seafoam in your crankcase..

It thins your oil.

kawika219
09-26-2008, 12:27 AM
just some advice. i would actually change your oil after seafoaming it.

miklos
09-13-2009, 12:51 AM
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZyz-np6tDI&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZyz-np6tDI&feature=related)
He says you can leave it in the oil

FaLKoN240
09-13-2009, 12:55 AM
It also fouls up sparkplugs and o2 sensors... no one ever notices that for some reason.

Bigsyke
09-13-2009, 11:11 AM
no need to worry.

Do it again! It's fun!!!

There is need to worry, OD'in on pills is fun

You shouldnt smash down the block with Seafoam in your crankcase..

It thins your oil.

Alot of oil will leave a base film, Leave seafoam out of your engine, period. Any modern oil will clean your engine better than pure petrol.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZyz-np6tDI&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZyz-np6tDI&feature=related)
He says you can leave it in the oil

Ok, do this, put it in your oil, leave it there for lets say, 300 miles. Send the sample to blackstone labs.

Report back. How much aluminum?

It also fouls up sparkplugs and o2 sensors... no one ever notices that for some reason.

They dont notice the warped rods either.