PDA

View Full Version : How Often Does Your N1 Duel Scratch/Hit?

wpayne
01-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Alright, my N1 Duels are on the way. I know these hang pretty low so I was just wondering how often do you guys hit your mufflers or pipe? My school has a few speed bumps and I was wondering if Im gonna be hitting these everytime I go to park.

I dont like American roads :( ...

MorganS13
01-18-2003, 02:55 PM
i've had my N1 Dual and pro-kits for almost 2 years and honestly i hardly ever scrape (maybe 2-3 times total, all on steep driveways). I also use common sense like slowing down for speed bumps and such but i scrape the front spoiler on my sisters civic all the time driving the same way i drive my 240. i really don't see why people think they hang that low, the single N1 on the otherhand i can see would have some problems... If you still don't believe that i don't have scraping problems i'd be happy to go outside and take some pictures of the exhaust :p

EDIT: actually i scrape a bit more now... but thats due to my horrible fitting hotshot header and its still not that big of a problem. hopefully i'll be getting the header adjusted soon :mad:

wpayne
01-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Cool, thanks. Well, Im just scared cause around my area (azusa) the driveways for everywhere are horrible. Thanks

240fluke
01-19-2003, 01:16 AM
This is off topic, but dude, you have a GT-T Skyline? Cool, is that here in the States? If yes, why did you choose to get that over something like a GT-R of an earlier model?

Tim '95 SE

wpayne
01-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Nope, I wish it was here. I wont see it for an other 3 months:(

Maxtype 240
01-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Mine has never scraped in almost 2 yrs. If I can say this having driven through Houston, that means you'll have no problem. I've seen 4th world countries with better roads than Houston...

KAisbetter
01-20-2003, 05:12 PM
ive had the dual n1 for awhile and did not scrape w/ stock height or w/ springs... but now that i have the flta2's and dropped it down... its hard not to scrape...
just weld on a skid plate...

xLSTONEx
01-20-2003, 08:05 PM
I have only scrapped mine once, it was when I was stock height and I was backing into a road at an angle, and it barely scrapped. If I would have taken it strait I wouldn't have scrapped, but I couldn't help it.

Now I have pro-kits and I have never scracthed once. It diffenatly not something you should worry about.

brage
01-20-2003, 08:21 PM
I scratched my N1 single cat back once... but not since then :) been a little more careful :)

wpayne
01-20-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey, how does it hang compared to the stock exhaust. I'm also worried about the speed bumps at my school. Does any part of the piping hang lower than the stock exhaust pipes or even the mufflers themselves?

96SEChick
01-20-2003, 09:01 PM
My advice is to just be careful. If you scrape the first time, remember where you were and what you could have done to not scrape. It's like the lower lip on the S14's--you learn very quickly how low it is and what you have to do in order for it not to scrape (I unfortunately painted mine right after I got my car and it was scratched to hell very shortly afterwards in various driveways when I was looking at houses :mad: )

Just be very careful.

wpayne
01-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I know that. I'm worried because theres a place that I MUST park my car at. And to get there, I need to go over speed bumps.

Oh wait(after much thinking)! Theres a back entrance that I can go through! Forgot that was there, I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore. Thanks!

96SEChick
01-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Cool!! Good luck!!

----Lauren :)

wpayne
01-20-2003, 09:06 PM
I'm so excited, it's supposed to come in sometime this week. Hope the installation goes without a hitch...

Yoshi
01-20-2003, 11:39 PM
I've heard from lots of people (most recently, Ken at Enjuku) that the N1 Dual hangs significantly higher than the N1 single. just FYI

wpayne
01-21-2003, 12:26 AM
Thats very nice to hear :)

JDM180SX
01-22-2003, 11:12 AM
I can confirm that...I have a Dual N1 on my 89 and my buddy has a single N1 on his 90. Mine is much higher (closer to car) than his. BUT I have hit mine a few times. Usually on really really steep ramps (stupid Wendy's) and once on a manhole during construction. But my car was lowered at the time w/sportline springs. Otherwise, no problems at all.

On the other hand my buddy is always scraping things...if he's in front of me i can see it and when he's behind me i can hear it. :p

Dream240
01-22-2003, 02:00 PM
I had a problem scraping when I first got mine put on, but after I put on my 18" and Sportline springs(about 1.5-2" drop) I haven't had a problem save one really steep driveway that I don't even drive up anymore. Screw that I'll walk it.