PDA

View Full Version : boost controller for SR-20DET

bowflex
09-22-2008, 09:24 PM
i am making 350whp on my S13 with an SR-20 engine swap with 6lbs of boost. I'm running really rich (especially since I'm at 7000 feet) and want to get a boost controller that links to my ECU so it can regulate how rich I'm running along with getting my boost pressure higher. I want to be able to decide in the cab (if i want to mess around) to turn up the boost to 10-12lbs and have the ECU compensate, then after I'm done put it back down to 6lbs and run a lot leaner so I'm not needlessly wasting gas. I have 550 cfm fuel injectors and an upgraded turbo (greddy t-28). Everything should be good to go engine wise. My ECU is currently Enthalpy tuned but i don't really want to ship it out and pay $500. any advice on what i should get, or just help on anything?

S14cagged
09-22-2008, 09:42 PM
i am making 350whp on my S13 with an SR-20 engine swap with 6lbs of boost. I'm running really rich (especially since I'm at 7000 feet) and want to get a boost controller that links to my ECU so it can regulate how rich I'm running along with getting my boost pressure higher. I want to be able to decide in the cab (if i want to mess around) to turn up the boost to 10-12lbs and have the ECU compensate, then after I'm done put it back down to 6lbs and run a lot leaner so I'm not needlessly wasting gas. I have 550 cfm fuel injectors and an upgraded turbo (greddy t-28). Everything should be good to go engine wise. My ECU is currently Enthalpy tuned but i don't really want to ship it out and pay $500. any advice on what i should get, or just help on anything?

1st of we need a dyno-chart of this 350whp on 6psi

but what you need is a SAFC to control the A/F ratio's, put it on the dyno or buy a wideband to see what A/F's you are running and go from there.

but listening to this i would recommend you take it to a professional

tommyboi
09-22-2008, 10:15 PM
stock sr20det boost solenoid and rock nistune!... you will be able to make different maps in real time, and if you have a s14/s15 sr. I believe its said that you can actually map the stock boost controllers in those motors. i have not tried it out yet so i don't know much about it but im looking to get it in a month or two... check this forum out Nistune Forums :: View topic - Control Boost with ROM Tuning? (http://forum.nistune.com/viewtopic.php?t=421&highlight=boost+bin)...just my 2 cents...

Erjay1
09-22-2008, 11:34 PM
If your ecu is already enthalpy tuned then retunes are only like $150 or something.