PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Exhaust Noise

White_Chuki
09-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Hey all,

Searched but did not find what I was looking for. I have the basic I/H/E - Exhaust 2.5". I was wondering if I can put an aftermarket catalytic converter would lower the noise of my exhaust. If so, which would be most ideal 2.5" vs 3"? I am also wondering if I can put my stock manifold cover (heat shield) on my aftermarket DC headers. Thanks.

murda-c
09-17-2008, 06:04 PM
you can only use your stock manifold cover if you fab up a braket to fit it on there.

A cat will quiet it down some, mostly help with the popping and stuff it does on decel, but a resonator would be best.

White_Chuki
09-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I am running a 22" resonator just want to lower the noise level even more. :]

Addicted2Kouki
09-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Run multiple resonators or multiple mufflers.

Or smaller piping.

or just go back to stock exhaust.

WangonwWarrior
09-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Weld a glass pack in line and your done, quiet and sounds good as Megan Fox moaning on my eggrolls. I do this to all my KA's and it turned out nice on my friends EK as well. Search harder next time this is basic stuff
Google (http://www.google.com)

soreballz
09-17-2008, 09:42 PM
^Glasspacks? What the fuck, is this 1970?

Glasspacks suck floppy donkey cock.

To the OP... If you're running a 2.5 inch exhaust WITH a 22 inch resonator, and you want it QUIETER... Get a better muffler and try to fit another resonator in. Just make sure you get a PERFORATED core resonator, not some piece of shit louvered core glasspack.