PDA

View Full Version : S13 Sidemarker Removal

AuburnRyan
01-16-2003, 12:37 PM
I'm just to lazy to look for the answer :o , but took a look in my FSM with no luck. I believe they "pop out" by pushing forward? Any suggestions on removing them properly? Do I have to push from the inside? Thanks in advance I'm removing f+r to replace lights.

FRpilot
01-16-2003, 01:03 PM
im not so sure of the fronts myself because i never took the time yet to take them out.. but the rear ones are held down by two 10mm bolts for each marker.. you have to remove all the interior panals in your trunk to get to them..

im still having trouble removing my antenna.. dam.

Natty
01-16-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by AuburnRyan
I'm just to lazy to look for the answer :o , but took a look in my FSM with no luck. I believe they "pop out" by pushing forward? Any suggestions on removing them properly? Do I have to push from the inside? Thanks in advance I'm removing f+r to replace lights.
You don't push from the inside. Just push foward or backwards, I forgot which.
There is a MB sidemarker guid on the main ziliva page that can show you more.
Jeff

projectsilvia1
01-17-2003, 05:20 PM
silvia front end corner lights??
if you are talking about the front amber ones that connect to your headlights....there is a square type part of the light on the back side that you can use as leverage and you just push on that kinda hard and it pops of of the little socket in the back. same goes for when you put it back in you have to push from the outside though and it will pop back into the socket.
Mike

AuburnRyan
01-17-2003, 05:36 PM
thanks for the help! I'll be at 'em tomorrow...and was talking about the stock (US) s13 sidemarkers. It didn't feel like the "slide off" by pushing towards the bumper...but I'll try A LITTLE MORE FORCE THIS TIME...:cool:

FRpilot
01-17-2003, 07:44 PM
i just pulled mine off.. all you do is push backwards and then pull the front out.. the front stock side markers just clip onto the fenders. pushing backwards on the sidemarkers pushes the clips in so you can slide them out by pulling the front first..

LanceS13
01-18-2003, 02:50 AM
Got it backwards there trancer...push forward and pop the back out first. It may help to run a razor blade under the edge of the light all around to break any sealant that might be under there.
The rears are bolted in as was mentioned.

AuburnRyan
01-18-2003, 10:07 AM
should I re-seal them when i reinstall with silicone or similar? I'm assuming not since there are rubber "gasket" sealers behind the light.

I'm also having trouble getting to the antenna...my fastback seems harder to get off the rear interior than my other cars...I can see the motor, but without the panels off it's hopeless :mad:

toddnappi
01-18-2003, 11:27 AM
shave them when u take them off! u dont even need them.