PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to "unpull" fenders?

Matej
09-17-2008, 09:50 AM
By fenders I mean rear quarter panels.

BFG?

Haha, I'm assuming no.

Mine were pulled to fit a previous wheel setup, so obviously now they don't fit as perfectly with any other new setup.

It's nothing terrible, it doesn't bother me that much actually. I'm mainly just curious if anyone has tried and succeeded, in which case I might give it a try. If not, perhaps it'll be time for overfenders.

japside4life
09-17-2008, 10:05 AM
you can cut the fender out, weld in a new one and roll to your size

thats a lot of work though

g6civcx
09-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Mine were pulled to fit a previous wheel setup, so obviously now they don't fit as perfectly with any other new setup.

If not, perhaps it'll be time for overfenders.

I don't understand the question. What are you trying to do?

Your fenders pulled. Now they don't fit your new setup. If you can't unpull, you want overfenders.

It seems that trying to unpull and overfenders are going in the extreme opposite.

Would it make more sense to leave it if you can't unpull?

Please explain. I don't understand.

Addicted2Kouki
09-17-2008, 01:36 PM
If they don't fit as good, get spacers.

JRas
09-17-2008, 03:03 PM
he's stating he got a new wheel setup and his current fenders are pulled more than needed

advice you shouldn't have bought less aggressive wheels

may need to use spacers

what setup did you have? and what setup do you have now?

Ben G
09-17-2008, 03:04 PM
should have kept the old wheels perhaps

idahotuner
09-17-2008, 03:28 PM
+1 for spacers

bejota180sx
09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
i dont think it will be easy to unpull a fender...

btw i think he means overfenders that have are less wide than the pull he already has...
but yeah +1 on spacers...

g6civcx
09-17-2008, 03:49 PM
btw i think he means overfenders that have are less wide than the pull he already has...

Is that possible?

Matej
09-17-2008, 03:57 PM
On my previous setup I was running very stretched tires, so the pull would arch perfectly over the tire and the lip of the wheel would stick out.
My setups since then haven't been as stretched, so if I bring them out too much, the tires will rub on the fender lips, and if I don't want them to rub, they don't stick out far enough for my taste.
It's alright though, I will probably be running more stretched tires again soon.

g6civcx
09-17-2008, 04:28 PM
On my previous setup I was running very stretched tires, so the pull would arch perfectly over the tire and the lip of the wheel would stick out.
My setups since then haven't been as stretched, so if I bring them out too much, the tires will rub on the fender lips, and if I don't want them to rub, they don't stick out far enough for my taste.
It's alright though, I will probably be running more stretched tires again soon.

And how would unpulling the fenders help you?

Matej
09-17-2008, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't have to stack spacers to make the current 9Jx17 +20 wheels fit alright, and I could shape the fender around the tire.
But now I know it's not really doable without extensive bodywork involved, I'll just wait it out and get some more aggressive wheels.

IIIXziuR
09-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Don't worry man, I know you will snap out of your non Alt style mode sooner or later.
At which point you will go back to wearing "aggressive" wheels with stretched tires.

In the meantime I can only offer my support by telling you if you unpull your fender it will create a black hole and suck your face inside out

bejota180sx
09-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Is that possible?

well ummm lets hope not hahaha, maybe he has a super extra jedi pull :drama: haha

s13boy89
09-18-2008, 11:19 AM
pics of your pull for reference

g6civcx
09-18-2008, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't have to stack spacers to make the current 9Jx17 +20 wheels fit alright, and I could shape the fender around the tire.
But now I know it's not really doable without extensive bodywork involved, I'll just wait it out and get some more aggressive wheels.

Okay, now I understand, but how would wide fenders help you? I would think if anything, overfenders would hurt the cause by making the fenders stick out even more than your current pull.

Matej
10-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Bringing this thread back.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want these.

http://www.uras.co.jp/2006image/fender_trim1.jpg
http://www.uras.co.jp/2006image/fender_trim_on2.jpg
http://www.quality-autoimport.no/files/large/Nissan_S13_bakfanger_700x524.jpg

However, once again, the problem is that my fenders are pulled.
Is there anything I can do? I don't want to buy them and then find out I can't put them on.
I could cut the pull off, but first of all, I'd rather not cut into my fenders, and second, my fenders are pulled almost to the body line, so if I cut the pulled part off, I'd have nothing to mount the wheel covers to.
Has anyone tried heating up their pulled fenders and pushing or hammering them back in? I don't care how bad they would look since the most mangled part would be covered.

By the way, if you hate those wheel covers that's fine, but please refrain from cluttering up this thread with opinions.

ESmorz
10-29-2008, 12:51 PM
You could always go to a junk yard and find an s13 and cut that part of the quarter panel off, cut yours off, and weld the other one on lol.

As for those wheel covers. They look pretty cool, they just make the car look less agressive.

atutt
10-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Once the metal has been pulled, stretched, or anything done to pass it's yeilding point (the point where it won't go back into shape), it's really freaking hard to get it back to it's original state. especially the metal used for bodies on cars. It has a low yeilding point. So to answer your question. No.

allntrlundrgrnd
10-29-2008, 01:04 PM
i feel like Im taking crazy pills

Matej
10-29-2008, 01:42 PM
I regrets pulling ze fenders so bad rytes nowz.
I want to tuck 22's. :(

bejota180sx
10-29-2008, 02:32 PM
22 inch rims?!
or 22x tires??

i think your best best is to stack spacers like you sayd, or get a junkyard car and cur+weld that part into your car like staded above...

Matej
10-29-2008, 03:30 PM
22 inch rims?!
or 22x tires??

i think your best best is to stack spacers like you sayd, or get a junkyard car and cur+weld that part into your car like staded above...
Haha I was joking about the 22's.
I just really like the look of tucked wheels. With pulled fenders there's very limited room for the wheel under compression so it usually rubs if I want the wheels to "fit" nicely. I might just have to get overfenders after all, although I think I'll still try hammering the fenders in or something.

bejota180sx
10-29-2008, 10:15 PM
if your ok with overfenders (+ spacers in case you want them closet to the fender), then hammer the shit out and see if u can hammer+bodywork it to what you want it to be, if it turns out bad then you know overfenders are just a online order away... its worth a try... good luck!

Addicted2Kouki
10-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Haha I was joking about the 22's.
I just really like the look of tucked wheels. With pulled fenders there's very limited room for the wheel under compression so it usually rubs if I want the wheels to "fit" nicely. I might just have to get overfenders after all, although I think I'll still try hammering the fenders in or something.

Dial in some negative camber?

YoungGun
10-30-2008, 12:46 AM
Has no one seen his car before? Everyone is saying spacers and camber, but uhhh yeah.

How did you do your rear pull btw? I need to do a small pull on the rear.

Addicted2Kouki
10-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Has no one seen his car before? Everyone is saying spacers and camber, but uhhh yeah.

How did you do your rear pull btw? I need to do a small pull on the rear.

Thats what this thread is missing... pics!

PBucch
10-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Matej Blahút (http://matejblahut.blogspot.com/)

I dont think youre going to be able to undo what youve done brah

bejota180sx
10-30-2008, 09:53 AM
well if its that pull where it says "stacking spacers" its gonna take you some long time of hammering and bodywork if its even possible to get it looking how you want it to...

silpena
10-30-2008, 11:27 AM
hammering is not gonna get u anywhere. Every hit to the metal stresses it out and stretrches it out beyond repair. I say leave it alone or buy new qp's. The only other way is to heat shrink but that would be hella hard to do without warping the panel. Pretty much impossible.

redline racer510
11-04-2008, 04:02 PM
__________________________________________________ ______no....................

kevtrinh
11-04-2008, 04:18 PM
i tried kicking my quarters one time. Nothing happened. so this post is useless. just saying hi!