PDA

View Full Version : Tomei Solid Lifter Head Rebuilt Question

rocksteady_racer
09-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Ok I was thinking of getting a set of S13 Tomei Pro Cam Solid 260 12s for intake and exhaust on my sr20det redtop. I plan on only building the head up and not the engine internals right now. Is anyone running those? What other parts do you need to install? I heard something about reshimming? Anybody know anything about the install for these? Thanks in advance. BTW running Apexi 1.5mm head gasket with arp head studs and gt2871r with a haltech ecu tuning it. O and do you need rocker arm stoppers still with these?

jspaeth
09-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm not sure if this helps, but I remember reading this thread somewhere and saving the link bc the writeup is so good:

Technical Articles: How To: Build a 9000rpm SR20DET Head (http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=238409)

Okay it's from Nico obv.

It's pretty good, I think.......I've never done head stuff, and I feel like I could after reading this

Massimo Power
09-16-2008, 06:47 PM
+1 for that thread.. it should be what you need to know.

burnsauto
09-16-2008, 07:03 PM
yeah that write up is actually one of the better things to come out of that site. (seriously, not ragging on it..) plenty of detail and tips on doing it. plus.. if you have any questions, you can just get a hold of the guy who wrote it.

rocksteady_racer
09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Good info. Does anyone know where I can get a head reshimmed in the Phila area? Or anyone that does that via mail? I'm pretty sure it has to be done to get solid lifters installed based on that write up and everyone else's. Thanks in advance.

96Turbo
09-16-2008, 08:18 PM
^^^i bet google knows

aNskY
09-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Good info. Does anyone know where I can get a head reshimmed in the Phila area? Or anyone that does that via mail? I'm pretty sure it has to be done to get solid lifters installed based on that write up and everyone else's. Thanks in advance.

there is a guy on FA that rents a tool to measure them yourself.

Fries
09-17-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.driftstl.com

Find Touge Battle and PM he will reshim the head for really cheap/shipped.

BiG MiKE86
09-17-2008, 04:53 PM
I think u should still run RAS even with solid lifters.. The Rocker arms actually have to be machined also - but its all in the write up - goodluck