PDA

View Full Version : Header Pipe

AlligatorBling
01-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Im looking to put a header pipe on my car soon, I have a 93 SE Fastback w/ HICAS. I have an Injen short ram air intake, and 2 1/4 inch piping from the cat back with the resonator removed, running to a flowmaster 60 series muffler... I want to put a header pipe on it, im either going to get a hotshot or a msds... i dont have much for funds right now, im a broke ass college student, lol... so im kinda leaning towards msds cause its a lot less... its a four into one design i think... what kind of performance increase do you guys think I will feel... thanks for any ideas...

-ryan
-93 SE Fastback w/ HICAS

Jeff240sx
01-15-2003, 09:24 PM
What is a header pipe? Is it a new header?
Also.. a 4-2-1 design is supposed to keep low end torque, while the 4-1 loses torque, but picks up on the upper end. The only problem to that, it that.. well.. the KA motor has no upper end due to cams.
-Jeff

AlligatorBling
01-15-2003, 09:30 PM
i think the pacesetter is 4 into 2 into 1, how do you think that would perform? i know everyone bashes on pacesetter on the board... however, it looks like adding a pacesetter header would increase performance... a header pipe is a header pipe ya know, a 4 into 2 into 1 by two companies shouldnt perfrom that diff should they?

AKADriver
01-15-2003, 09:48 PM
People bash Pacesetter not because of the design/power gains, but because of the quality of construction and the finish. Sometimes the welds aren't very nice, and the paint quickly burns off and turns to rust unless you get the ceramic coat option.

A Pacesetter header will last if you take care of it. There are things you can do to keep the uncoated headers from rusting (I'll have to ask my friend about it, it involved WD-40...) and if the welds are solid then there's nothing to worry about.

AlligatorBling
01-15-2003, 09:51 PM
how much low end do you think id lose with a hotshot header?

AKADriver
01-15-2003, 09:53 PM
The hotshot is 4-2-1 also. My guess would be none.