PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP HELP. VIN# LOCATIONS IN A S13 Chassis

DDDsquad_s13panda
09-14-2008, 05:57 PM
:confused:oright well im trying to purchase this coupe from one of my homies neighbors. looks clean SR redtop with a 6 point roll cage and some.

n e ways welll i test drove the car today and it felt like shit. car dont go over 4500 rpm. so i thought "hmm maybe a boost leak" and the clutch seems like its goen out. but thats no biggy.

but my #1 concern is all the vin numbers had been scratched out. i got the liscense plate of the car the vin number thats on the registered DMV paper... but how do i know that number matches with the vehicle im purchasing.

checked VIN:
passenger door> scratch out
Dashboard>taken out
plate on the firewall>gone
the one embeded on the firewall> drilled out and covered up.

so im a lil iffy about this car.

his selling it for pretty cheap and i can easily jst go buy a coupe shell and transfer that.

but anyways. is there any more vin plates that can be found in that chassis?.. help me out here my fellow zilvians =]:confused:

if u help me out. thnx and +1 rep for you mah brotha.

DreEzed
09-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Lol, theres not more rep system anymore. I wouldn't buy that seems kinda shady and if the car doesn't run straight whats the point of transferring to a new chassis. You should also write how much he's tryin to sell it.

DreamN
09-14-2008, 06:02 PM
stolen car alert. get pix and post that shit online. it might be a member's car that was stolen. no reason for all the vin numbers to be scratched off. if the car is a theft recovery then it would have a VIN plate stamped by CHP on the side of the door.

wrapmeup2005
09-14-2008, 06:05 PM
I would say move on, not worth it but maybe check with local authorities or post online some pictures/mods to see if anyone had it stolen

Ben G
09-14-2008, 06:07 PM
ya dont buy that car its most likely stolen and if not it runs like shit like you said

DDDsquad_s13panda
09-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Lol, theres not more rep system anymore. I wouldn't buy that seems kinda shady and if the car doesn't run straight whats the point of transferring to a new chassis. You should also write how much he's tryin to sell it.
oh deng well that sucks. well +1 for you n e ways. but yea your right. his selling it for 2500 btw.

DDDsquad_s13panda
09-14-2008, 06:10 PM
....dang. oright i will do so

EDT007
09-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Get some pics and post them up. Could be a fellow member's stolen car!

Ceepo
09-14-2008, 06:11 PM
dont buy it, that sounds stolen, why would someone remove all the vin stuff if they owned the car legally??? ask him how long he as owned it, and such, just some questions and see if his story is straight...

DDDsquad_s13panda
09-14-2008, 06:13 PM
oright well i will do that. take pictures and such and post it online.

i 5-6 reponders is enough to grab my attention by not buyin this car.. thnx zilvians =]

+1 rep to all you peeps.

DDDsquad_s13panda
09-14-2008, 06:16 PM
dont buy it, that sounds stolen, why would someone remove all the vin stuff if they owned the car legally??? ask him how long he as owned it, and such, just some questions and see if his story is straight...
well the dude said he had the car for 9 months now. and it came from san diego.

and since his been in the marines.. he hasnt moved the car for 7 months... but funny thing is, its been sitting in front of his house on the street. =/. iono

i ddont think ima end up buyin this car anyways...:sighs: too bad i had already sold my S13 coupe =[

nismo 240sx
09-14-2008, 06:33 PM
plus you can find some good cars on here for around the same price with sr in it...gl

DreamN
09-14-2008, 06:44 PM
get pix of this car online asap. you might help someone recover their car.

JRas
09-14-2008, 06:56 PM
check the windows, but I find it funny all the VIN #'s are gone

ask him about it

ericcastro
09-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Its absolutely a stolen car.

Most likely with pics posted here, a mystery could be solved.

And for 2500, you can find a decent running 240sx with a sr, just be patient.

The cage is a big tip off for any members here with stolen s13's

DDDsquad_s13panda
09-14-2008, 07:34 PM
well i had ask him about it. he said "hmm i didnt even notice that"

so i check my car where i can find other vin's and i popped my hood and thats when i ask him if i can take that plate cover off of his firewall...and whaddayaknow. the embedded/tatted vin number on the chassis/firewall it self was cut off... so yeah. im sure this car is stolen. maybe thats why he never drove it. but will do take pics of this car and maybe i should call the city police to check it out.. cuz yeah you guys are right. something is iffy if all the vin has been scratch out and taken out. though i didnt check the trunk. cuz i know honda's have em. not sure about nissan.. i go check right now in my car...........no vin in the trunk..

guh ohwell.. guess

DataXUnknown
09-14-2008, 11:01 PM
You can't register the car with no VINs. Do not get it no matter what. I would report that shit if I were you, unless it's a really close homie. Most likely stolen.

Ben G
09-14-2008, 11:05 PM
ya thats not a very good price for a car that runs like shit pictures and report that shit

KA-T_240
09-16-2008, 07:55 AM
Does he have a title? The title should have a VIN number on it. Other then that I know of no other locations you would be able to get a vin on a S13.

blueshark123
09-16-2008, 09:22 AM
car is deffitnetly stolen or something wierd is up for sure post pics like mentioned before

FRoSt415
09-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Sounds super stolen. but if you want play around with him and see how much he would lower the price then just say nvm. then call the cops on him but he might mess with your friends house if he knows its you. but if my car was stolen i would like to get it back so i think its your duty as a fellow enthusiast to CALL THE COPS AND REPORT IT.

TheBigDirty
09-16-2008, 03:41 PM
If calis finest saw the missing vins, the would impound that shit, even if it wasnt stolen.
It's not worth it, even though you probably know that by know haha. You really should throw some pics up on here. Good looking out.