PDA

View Full Version : HELP, wiring 180sx position lights.

LongGrain
09-13-2008, 01:55 PM
i'm trying to wire my position lights to work as turn signals.

heres what i did.

cut off stock front turn signal connector, left with 3 wires

one red/blue
one green/yellow (green/black on the other side)
one black

i'm assuming red/blue is parking lights, the 2 green ones are turn signals, and black is ground.

my position light connectors only have 2 wires, they are both the same color (i think they are home made)

ive tried almost every combination of the 2 stock turn signal wires with the 2 i have from my connectors. but i cant make them blink

but heres the kicker, NONE of my turn signals work. normally if i just unplug the fronts, the rears will just blink really fast. now that i cut them i get NOTHING, the interior lights dont flash, the rears dont do anything. you get the idea.

i checked the fuse, it was blown, i changed it. didnt help, new one is not blown.

i changed the bulbs for the new lights cuz they were both junk, i THINK i have the right size, i got some 194 slip in type from the hardware store that fit, they just look a little different than the old ones (which i think were LED)

i dont know what to do, the turn signal stalk doesnt do anything, turning the hazards on doesnt do anything.

any help is GREATLY appreciated, i dont want to risk driving around with no turn signals, and i'd really like to get my bumper put on today.

LongGrain
09-13-2008, 02:08 PM
up.

i found the DIY, it says connect the green and red wires on each side

i did this, i still get NOTHING, fuse is still good.

LongGrain
09-13-2008, 02:25 PM
whoever figures it out gets $5 in their paypal acct.

BLKS13
09-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Waiting for reply as well, I can always use more information

drftem
09-13-2008, 02:54 PM
im down for 5 in my paypal account replace your turn signal relay also known as the flasher relay(something like that) most likely you popped it when the wires were cut and you tried to use the blinkers.

LongGrain
09-13-2008, 02:59 PM
im down for 5 in my paypal account replace your turn signal relay also known as the flasher relay(something like that) most likely you popped it when the wires were cut and you tried to use the blinkers.

where is that? and where can i find a new one?

BLKS13
09-13-2008, 03:16 PM
You can buy a new blinker relay at any auto store, it should be underneath the driverside dash panel.

Can you hear any pulses when you turn your signals on? pulses coming from underneath the dash?

g6civcx
09-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Is the position light single or dual filament? How do you want the position light to work?

Can you restore back to stock and get everything working? I can walk you through from there.

It's hard to know where you're coming from when it's modded.

Hashiriya415
09-13-2008, 03:54 PM
what are "position lights" ?
you know that the relay for the turn signal works on a certain load.
Too high resistance and it won't flash too low resistance and it will constantly stay on
its very difficult to understand what you are doing

projectRDM
09-13-2008, 05:02 PM
S13 flasher is a bitch to get at, it's above the steering column hanging on a bracket.