PDA

View Full Version : brake help

mxkilla450
09-09-2008, 01:37 AM
hi i have a 96 240sx and i was just wondering if there were any special brackets used to put on skyline brakes? also any one know any installation tips on them?thanks

Sileighty_85
09-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Holy Shit Balls Son.
Dude search, there are like 500 threads on that subject.

If nothing turns up here then Google it

xplicit240
09-09-2008, 10:16 AM
FLAME ON! hahaha

dude. they are direct bolt on.

you will need to cut dust shields to clear the brakes, 5 lug or redrill to 4 lug pattern for rotors.

conversion lines. which are already available.

if you opt on changing the rears as well you have to or should get the z32 MC = master cylinder. and get the e brake cables.

also make sure you have wheels that will have good clearance for the brakes.

thats about it in a nut shell.

mxkilla450
09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
what year z32?
where can i get the e brake cables?
will they fit with 16 inch se wheels?

FLAME ON! hahaha

dude. they are direct bolt on.

you will need to cut dust shields to clear the brakes, 5 lug or redrill to 4 lug pattern for rotors.

conversion lines. which are already available.

if you opt on changing the rears as well you have to or should get the z32 MC = master cylinder. and get the e brake cables.

also make sure you have wheels that will have good clearance for the brakes.

thats about it in a nut shell.

JRas
09-17-2008, 08:57 PM
what year z32?
where can i get the e brake cables?
will they fit with 16 inch se wheels?

search, these questions have been answered over and over.. frankly it gets annoying

what year z32? The "30mm Aluminum" calipers were used on 1990 Twin-turbos and ALL 1991-1992.5 300ZX's (both turbo and non-turbo alike). They used a 280mm x 30mm rotor. <-- these would be best because of size and weight

where can you get the e-brake cables? again search, R33 and Z32 2+2 I believe work but don't trust my word because I'm not positive.

will they fit 16 inch se wheels? depends, I remember reading that some have letting that gets in the way of the caliper while others don't

hopefully that helps

search please next time
The Definitive 300ZX Brake Swap! (http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm)