PDA

View Full Version : How to install Apexi Safc 2

jakobie
09-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Does Zilvia have a right up on this for a redtop sr20det?

jakobie
09-11-2008, 03:49 PM
so how to install and tune anybody?

gt3071r240
09-11-2008, 08:20 PM
haha newbie... throw it in the garbage.

Erjay1
09-11-2008, 08:53 PM

what he said. SAFC's are crap andwillonly causemore problems. Its like using a band-aid instead of stitches.

louisdaboois
09-11-2008, 11:28 PM

this coming from the guy with 40 posts. :mepoke:

what he said. SAFC's are crap andwillonly causemore problems. Its like using a band-aid instead of stitches.

uhm, i dont see how an safc can cause more problems. they are good to use only has a fine tuning instrument rather than a primary source of tuning. but i do agree that it is like using a band aid instead of stitches.....

for the OP, try here http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfWiring/18.pdf. the search button is a great tool to use on zilvia to avoid flaming.

S14DB
09-11-2008, 11:31 PM
It really fucks up your timing maps as they are load dependent. SAFC fakes out your ecu to think there is more load to get more fuel.

louisdaboois
09-12-2008, 09:32 AM
It really fucks up your timing maps as they are load dependent. SAFC fakes out your ecu to think there is more load to get more fuel.

not trying to argue with you or anything, correct me if im wrong. since an safc converts the input signal of the mafs to the ecu, it should change the load varient at whatever the user specifies the rpm, throttle and correction settings. the spark and fuel map will be essentially the same throughout the loads, but just at user defined times.

in other words, for instance, the mafs sees a certain amount of load at 5000 rpms and 50% throttle, which Cell A of the fuel and spark map will be effective, but with the safc, the same cell (A) will kick in at 3000rpms for richer conditions at a given correction setting.

so what im trying to say is that the fuel/spark are essentially untouched and "factory", but just shifted (assuming that the fuel/ spark maps are excel format). right?

Sileighty_85
09-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Does Zilvia have a right up on this for a redtop sr20det?

Here it is. (and its spelled "Write")
Were trying to educate people here not confuse them and make them dumber.

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/196800-otterman-loks-safc-ii-install-guide.html

louisdaboois
09-12-2008, 02:00 PM

lol. sorry. :dead:

Sileighty_85
09-12-2008, 02:52 PM
lol. sorry. :dead:

I wasnt referring to you Louis. :P

S14DB
09-12-2008, 07:27 PM
not trying to argue with you or anything, correct me if im wrong. since an safc converts the input signal of the mafs to the ecu, it should change the load varient at whatever the user specifies the rpm, throttle and correction settings. the spark and fuel map will be essentially the same throughout the loads, but just at user defined times.

in other words, for instance, the mafs sees a certain amount of load at 5000 rpms and 50% throttle, which Cell A of the fuel and spark map will be effective, but with the safc, the same cell (A) will kick in at 3000rpms for richer conditions at a given correction setting.

so what im trying to say is that the fuel/spark are essentially untouched and "factory", but just shifted (assuming that the fuel/ spark maps are excel format). right?
Yes, the timing map and the fuel map are locked together. The SAFC fakes the ecu out to get the desired fuel output. Unfortunately, the timing map will usually not be at the right point.

I will usually manifest it self in dang my manifold is glowing red. Kool I must be making power. Then 6 months down the road they wonder why they melted a piston.

Greddy is a little better cause it clamps the Timing too. But you are still faking the ecu.

AEM FIC. Handles it differently it leaves the ecu alone to operate like nothing has changed. it takes the ecu's output as a trigger then puts out it's own signal to the injectors/coils. FIC is running the show but the ECU thinks everything is kosher to run the Emissions/OBD, TCU, AC, TC/ABS, ect..

blackej7
09-13-2008, 09:24 AM
this coming from the guy with 40 posts. :mepoke:

lol. so the more posts you have on zilvia, the smarter you are? I need more posts!!!!

airforceone451
09-13-2008, 09:34 AM

On the same note, it's "we're" since it's a contraction of we and are. Remember, we're trying to educate people ;) :l101:

jakobie
09-16-2008, 12:47 PM
thanks guys, it's in the trash...

fliprayzin240sx
09-16-2008, 03:18 PM
thanks guys, it's in the trash...

Why? You can use it if you're still running a fairly stock setup...its not completely and utterly useless...

jakobie
09-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Why? You can use it if you're still running a fairly stock setup...its not completely and utterly useless...

I have no idea how to tune it, i might just sell it...

S14DB
09-17-2008, 03:16 PM
I have no idea how to tune it, i might just sell it...

yeah sell it. it's like herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.