PDA

View Full Version : extra width?

dave2u
01-13-2003, 08:14 AM
is there a contraption you can use to make the stock wheels sit out further? Spacers are they called or somethin?
I`m probably talkin out my a*se. Just curious cos i want my wheels too stick out further to get a really fat look.

dave

AKADriver
01-13-2003, 08:18 AM
Yeah, you can buy spacers to do just that. They can't work magic, though... 20mm is about the limit of safety.

For good quality spacers, look to H&R (the spring manufacturer).

Don't forget to get longer wheel studs to take up the difference.

HippoSleek
01-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Let me be the first to say, welcome back.

ca18guy
01-13-2003, 09:06 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tubed4evr
01-13-2003, 11:52 AM
I just got the 20mm spacer kit from H&R 2 weeks ago. The spacers are great . . . top notch quality. But the studs that come with it are sh!t. They didn't fit well at all. I ended up having to have 60mm nismo studs overnited to me. They are the same size by the way (H&R measures the total overall length of stud while nissan only measures the bolt section and not the head). The Nismo studs fit perfectly. I have been on the phone with the Tech rep at H&R since last week and he is looking into the problem because I am not the only one who has had fitment issues. Save yourself some headaches and get Nismo studs and see if you can order the spacers seperately. I only wish I had known beforehand.