PDA

View Full Version : wheel is crooked after.........??? help

nisans13turbo
09-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Ok, this deal sames to put me into default mode and not sure what to do other then rechecking everything but anyway. After installing my inchiba 5lug hub f/r with new rotors and pads from 88rotors my left front wheel steers more left and almost a positve camber. The other side sits normal and with the car down, the left side rubs and right side is tucked.

Today took the car to get an alignment and align everything and my mechanic couldnt get the left wheel to camber anymore, the camber was maxed out and it was only -1.6 according to the cpu and right wheel was at -3. Only thing we could think of was the hub might not be seated all the way when i was installing it??? The drive there was fine, nothing unusual that would relate to the hubs. This is the second time it has been aligned and the first time everything went well and car has not been in a accident was storage whole time.

Any input or help would greatly appreciate so i can start driving it :squint:

DRFTWHORE
09-05-2008, 05:41 PM
make sure u tightened everything go back to step 1 double check everything. goodluck

nisans13turbo
09-06-2008, 01:23 AM
thanks, anyone else ?

cons/pros about 88 rotors or inchiba hubs? Wtf............some input please. thanks

nisans13turbo
09-14-2008, 12:39 AM
I found out that 88rotors sent me a bad driver front rotors. It is defected rotor, the whole rotor is uneven, while spinning it freely you can obviously see that the rotor spins unevenly. I tried it with the caliper on and it pushes my pads outward. ALso noticed that my brake wear on the rotor was uneven.

nisans13turbo
09-16-2008, 10:51 AM
I found out that 88rotors sent me a bad driver front rotors. It is defected rotor, the whole rotor is uneven, while spinning it freely you can obviously see that the rotor spins unevenly. I tried it with the caliper on and it pushes my pads outward. ALso noticed that my brake wear on the rotor was uneven.

Actually the problem wasnt 88rotors, ichiba had sent me and many other bad front hubs wtf? My front driver side hub had play in it and I cant even spin that bitcch, my rotor would rub my caliper and trying to contact ichiba was not successful, stupid operator came coming on with no one picking up. Anyone has issue with this before?

naed240sx
09-16-2008, 01:45 PM
probably from the ichiba hubs. Ichiba humbs are terrible. They portion of the hub that is supposed to center the brake rotor was not machined with enough length, so the rotor centers on the lugs instead (poorly)

nisans13turbo
09-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Speaking of hump, after intalling the hub my driver front wheel was at -1.5 degree max at the alignment, now I know why.

i just got done talking to one of the sells guy at ichiba, supposely he said send it in and he'll replace that hub. I will update this.

How often does ichiba hubs go bad? I just also realize after driving , my front passenger is blowing whislte sound, this was BNIB didnt last a test drive?

Thanks for the replys.

fliprayzin240sx
09-16-2008, 04:14 PM
How about you just ditch the ichiba hubs and go buy some OEM shit? Problem fixed...

nisans13turbo
09-16-2008, 06:59 PM
How about you just ditch the ichiba hubs and go buy some OEM shit? Problem fixed...

True, but after spending 450ship for f/r hubs I have to give it some effort to see if I can solve this before going out.

5t341tH
09-16-2008, 08:56 PM
makes a whistle sound? my ichiba hub bearings went bad and make a humming sound.
who are u talking to to get ur hub replaced?

nisans13turbo
09-16-2008, 09:03 PM
makes a whistle sound? my ichiba hub bearings went bad and make a humming sound.
who are u talking to to get ur hub replaced?

Close enough, whistle came first but anway I called up there contact # on there official website and just tell them your problem and they should help you solve it.

Fries
09-17-2008, 10:47 AM
For future reference, OEM Hubs+New bearings from Nissan are $100 each.

nisans13turbo
09-17-2008, 04:40 PM

Really? Wow, you would think they be pricing there parts high. Well I didnt know that and now I do. Thanks

I got them front hubs sent to ichiba so if the new set still dont work than well have to go with oems.

5t341tH
09-18-2008, 01:21 AM
for each bearing only. plus i have an s13 so i cant just use s14 hubs without further mods

nisans13turbo
09-18-2008, 02:04 AM
for each bearing only. plus i have an s13 so i cant just use s14 hubs without further mods

I believe he is talking about the whole hub with all the wheel bearings and they bolt right up to your s13, no modification