PDA

View Full Version : Recic Valve Hose connections

drkidd22
09-04-2008, 12:22 PM
So, I'm trying to temember some things and can't find the answer for. I'm looking for where the hell is it that the bottom hose of the recirc valve goes to, in the pic it is connected to a pipe, but where does the pipe end? is it at the engine block or does it go back the intake or something?. I removed my stock recirc valve and I'm jusr trying to find out how it was put together from stock.

http://lapenda.com/images/bpv.jpg

aznrib
09-04-2008, 12:43 PM
the hose connects to the stock turbo elbow. The thing in the first picture where the hose is connected to (totally forgot what it was called), you can throw away. It is used for emission purposes.

Massimo Power
09-04-2008, 12:52 PM
the recirc valve comes from the IC charged piping or manifold after the turbo... to the Intake Before the turbo....

Massimo Power
09-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Exactly where it is mounted to on the motor from the factory is beyond me.. lol its been a while.. lol

g6civcx
09-04-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm looking for where the hell is it that the bottom hose of the recirc valve goes to, in the pic it is connected to a pipe, but where does the pipe end? is it at the engine block or does it go back the intake or something?

Search AIV if you want to know what the function is.

The top hose goes to the intake after the air filter. The bottom hose goes to the turbo elbow.

g6civcx
09-04-2008, 02:52 PM
the hose connects to the stock turbo elbow. The thing in the first picture where the hose is connected to (totally forgot what it was called), you can throw away. It is used for emission purposes.

Keep for visual inspection purposes.

the recirc valve comes from the IC charged piping or manifold after the turbo... to the Intake Before the turbo....

This is not shown in the picture. The recirculation valve is completely different from the AIV.

drkidd22
09-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Search AIV if you want to know what the function is.

The top hose goes to the intake after the air filter. The bottom hose goes to the turbo elbow.

Thanks to all you guys for quick response. Now I remember I took the AIV pipe along with the old turbo elbow out and took that thing out of the car. The new turbo elbow has a plug in the whole where the AIV would go,

Can I put my o2 wideband at the turbo elbow or should I go a little farther away.?