PDA

View Full Version : 300zx Brake Upgrade Gone Wrong

Tyler Durdan
01-12-2003, 02:30 PM
So, I'm in the process of upgrading to 91 300zx brakes, and I've hit a wall. The new calipers are on, and they have been bleed. But now there is no freeplay in the rotors at all. The hub and rotors will not turn at all. I think my calipers may be seized, but any suggestions would be helpful. It's the 30 mm aluminum calipers if this helps, and the rotors have been turned and are in great shape along with new brake pads.

I'm about ready to rip them off and put up for sale if I don't figure this out pretty quick.:(

Tyler Durdan
01-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Found the problem...calipers need new seals. :o
Time for Beer.

turbo240sx
01-12-2003, 07:07 PM
wait till you stomp on them, stops on a damn dime. enjoy

misnomer
01-13-2003, 04:47 PM
Make sure you sober up before drivin', or all them pretty brakes won't do you any good :P

Tyler Durdan
01-13-2003, 04:53 PM
Ahh...why do you think I am putting the brakes on? Slower reaction time, but faster stopping time...it all balances out :D ...j/k.

Update: No-one sells a damn seal kit for these brakes...anyone know where I can get a rebuild kit for 91 300zx brake calipers?

Kid Zelda
01-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Tyler Durdan

Update: No-one sells a damn seal kit for these brakes...anyone know where I can get a rebuild kit for 91 300zx brake calipers?

You did go to a Nissan dealer, right ?

An autoparts store wouldn't carry such an item .. dealer man .. dealer.

Tyler Durdan
01-13-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Kid Zelda
You did go to a Nissan dealer, right ?

An autoparts store wouldn't carry such an item .. dealer man .. dealer.

Ordered one from Courtesy Nissan Parts right after that post. They had to special order, so it'll be a couple days.

Jeff240sx
01-13-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Tyler Durdan
Ordered one from Courtesy Nissan Parts right after that post. They had to special order, so it'll be a couple days.

Just out of curiosity.. how much did that cost you? And what is included?
-Jeff

Tyler Durdan
01-13-2003, 08:15 PM
It was $24 after taxes. Comes with all new seals for the calipers (at least what I was told by the guy on the phone). I'll do a write up on it if I remember to take pics. I live right over here by them, so I can just pick up parts and don't have to worry about shipping charges.