PDA

View Full Version : SR20: SMIC to FMIC - Nipple on Cold pipe?

MrFairlady
09-03-2008, 10:11 PM
OK finally swapped out the SMIC to a Fmount..seems that most FMIC kits (atleast that I've seen) do not have a Nipple on the Cold pipe,nor does mine - like the OEM SMIC that sits right by the upper Rad hose/CAS sensor area.

SO,.can I run the wastegate hose to a "T" off the Brake booster?
what exactly is that Line "looking for"?

Where can I run the wastegate Hose to if not??

Thanks

flip3d
09-03-2008, 10:31 PM
you can get a coupler with the t in it.

MrFairlady
09-03-2008, 10:34 PM
you can get a coupler with the t in it.

Coupler,..
meaning cut the cold pipe (that runs right up near tha battery) and Couple the 2 cut pipes (after cut) together w/ the Special Silicone (???)Coupler that has a nipple on it??

Firestorm
09-04-2008, 12:47 AM
i attached mine to the hose thats coming from the intake manifold and going to the carbon canister.

SoguRacing
09-04-2008, 01:11 AM
that line was a boost response line. the nipple is connected to the actuator and allows the actuator to respond quickly to changes in boost pressure. it helps control spiking when it's moved closer to the turbo outlet.

MrFairlady
09-04-2008, 11:11 AM
that line was a boost response line. the nipple is connected to the actuator and allows the actuator to respond quickly to changes in boost pressure. it helps control spiking when it's moved closer to the turbo outlet.

Soooo...running it to the brake booster line be ok...or no??

My car's not running the carbon canister so I'm not sure the line your speaking of.
Is that the nipple coming off the throttle body on the bottom (only 1 on the bottom + 2 on top iof the throttle body) that I have a Plug over??

closer to the actuator (I have an HKS actuator) meaning - shorter line??the brake booster is pretty much right above it where I have a "T" at.

SoSideways
09-04-2008, 11:15 AM
You need this guy:

FTG-QuickTap-CompHSG: atpturbo.com (http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-FTG-010&Category_Code=BCS)

idahotuner
09-04-2008, 11:22 AM
put a nipple on the hot pipe.

a drill, little brass nipple, and jb weld. then you are set.

shifts13
09-05-2008, 08:30 PM
put a nipple on the hot pipe.

a drill, little brass nipple, and jb weld. then you are set.

what he said. use a brass nipple