PDA

View Full Version : problem with trans

whereda40at
09-02-2008, 09:04 PM
i have a t-5 dogbox in my s13 with my sr.
when i put it into gear with the clutch pedal down the car starts to move forward. i know that it is now disengadgeing all the way. the first few days that i had the car on the road it was fine. then after a dyno tune it just started doing that. when i try to put it in reverse when the car is running it just wants to grind. i have to start the car in reverse and then it takes off even with the pedal pressed all the way down.

i have a tilton throw out berring and i am thinking that it unajusted itself. i have bleed the clutch thats fine. i have adjusted the pedal both directions with no progress.

the next things is, i want to know how to adjust the throw out berring. i had a shop put the trans in but the shop has caught on fire and they are not working on cars right now other than the ones damaged at their shop for awhile. so i am forced to fix this on my own.

what all is involved in adjusting the throwout berring? what direction do i have to adjust it? i have never pulled a trans out before, but i have down the rest of the drivetrain myself (1.5 way diff, dds axles, driveshaft)

any help would be great and thanks in advance.

whereda40at
09-03-2008, 11:47 AM
no one ever has an answer for this ??????