PDA

View Full Version : Idle issue! Now gone after Seafoaming.

Pho Man
08-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Well last nite on my way back from work, I got about a mile and a half down the road and my 90 240sx just started sputtering. It rained last nite and I did hit some puddles of standing water, but my cars not lowered at all and It's only a filter off the stock intake. The whole way home had to baby the car, it was bucking when I tried to accelerate. Even at Idle it would sound like it was cammed up. Car was running fine when I went to work and never had any trouble with it before. I thought great so now what else could go wrong.

So this morning I went out to check for intercooler piping that might have worked it's way loose or some kind of hose that might have back off. Nothing. couldn't figure it out. So I decided to seafoam the upper half of the engine by putting 1/3 bottle into one of the lines that goes to the intake manifold. After putting 1/3 of it in, left the car run for about a minute or two with the line reattached and then shut the car off and waited about 10 minutes. Started it up and proceeded to do some wide open throttle runs. My whole neighborhood was completely blanketed by white smoke. Brought the car back in and was running perfectly. Whatever it was is now gone and the car seems to have much better pickup then before.

sorry for the post just excited that I wouldn't have to take my car back to a shop for more work.

Definitely +1 for the seafoam. :bigok: