PDA

View Full Version : apexi vs jic?

XtremeS14
01-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Ok guys i'm stuck. I'm getting a set of coilovers and i'm just not sure which ones to get. The apexi n1's or the jic FLT-A2's. I can them for about the same price so thats no problem. What should I do?

Ryan of Velocity
01-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Go JIC. :)

chokudoriS13
01-10-2003, 09:55 PM
JIC, no question. My friend has them on his Primera, and they are siiiiick. That's what I'll be going for when I ditch the spring/shock combo I have now.

adey
01-10-2003, 11:18 PM
I think it's a toss up. The JICs on my 240 have treated me very well, although I had originally hoped to pick up the Apex'is.
Both coilover sets will do pretty much the same job, and so far my only qualm with the JICs is their lack of a dust boot. That would be useful. I'm not sure if Apexis come with them, but I'd recommend trying to get your hands on a set (of dustboots) for them anyway.

What you may want to consider in choosing these is color/appearance, though. JICs are anodized gold with purple springs (niiiiice) while Apexis are anodized red with red springs. :D As trivial as this is, I love my purple springs.

XtremeS14
01-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Does anybody know if the apexi's are not valved as well as the jic's? I thought I heard somewhere that the apexi's where really rough and that they were not valved well for the spring rates.

chokudoriS13
01-12-2003, 06:20 AM
adey, do you have the SA/SF or the FLT series?

kanekz
01-13-2003, 10:23 PM
What you may want to consider in choosing these is color/appearance, though. JICs are anodized gold with purple springs (niiiiice) while Apexis are anodized red with red springs. :D As trivial as this is, I love my purple springs. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. I love my FLT-A2's. They do look great, and preform great as well. As for valving, not sure about the apexi, but the jic are valved nice. Oh, I hear that JIC does revalving just in case if needed.

boosteds14
01-14-2003, 01:06 PM
either way. they are both a lot of coin.