PDA

View Full Version : doesn't really make sense...

IHasLongTorso
08-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Finished my rebuild awhile ago. Get the motor back in the car. Starts fine. Let it warm up. Then once I go to set the timing it won't start. I check all connections. They are fine. I check fuel/spark/ everything.... they are all fine. So I pull a plug and they are flooded. The only way I can start the car warm is to pinch the fuel line and release it after it starts. Then it runs fine. I normally wouldn't ask as I know quite a bit but I feel I may be thinking too hard about this. Thanks

ThatGuy
08-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator??

Just guessing.

Sileighty_85
08-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Check ECU for codes

Sounds like the coolant Temp sensor.
Does it run rich when you get the engine started?

dori_sil8t
08-27-2008, 11:35 AM
mine did the same thing. it was the ecu ground... off the fuse box pas front

IHasLongTorso
08-27-2008, 05:56 PM
I was getting 13 only but now I am getting 11 12 13 im going to double check the fuse box ground to the fender as i did paint my engine compartment. I am getting super frustrated

IHasLongTorso
08-27-2008, 06:03 PM
I have a brand new ecu coolant temp sensor.

Sileighty_85
08-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Check all your grounds like the two on the #4 cylinder intake runner (if SR)

and a Ground UNDER the engine bay fuse box

Z U L8R
08-27-2008, 07:10 PM
if you clean the plugs off, can you get it to run long enough to rev it passed 3k?

try unplugging the maf and seeing how it runs, it should idle fine

Dave

TTrx7Pete
08-27-2008, 08:08 PM
what if the car revs up and then dies if you unplug the maf?

koukimonster139
08-27-2008, 08:13 PM
ka or what?

do you have adjustable fuel press. reg.? check your fuel pressure

n240sxfnatic
08-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Same thing has been happening with me but I just took my manifold off to polish it. This is how I have to start mine, install a fuel pump cutoff switch, turn it off and crank over until the engine starts to spudder then turn it on while feathering the gas should start. Mine starts up fine if its been sitting overnight to. Its not running rich and once started drives fine.

IHasLongTorso
08-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Its an SR and I have a feeling its a grounding issue. Modifying my wire harness as we speak. I have the spacer gasket on it so I think that might really be the issue.I am working on it but I feel like hooking a fuel cut switch isnt the answer. Its just bypassing the issue. But thats exactly my problem. Lets figure this out.
Thanks for all the input.

IHasLongTorso
08-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Same thing has been happening with me but I just took my manifold off to polish it. This is how I have to start mine, install a fuel pump cutoff switch, turn it off and crank over until the engine starts to spudder then turn it on while feathering the gas should start. Mine starts up fine if its been sitting overnight to. Its not running rich and once started drives fine.

what manifold gasket are you running?

SexPanda
08-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Its an SR and I have a feeling its a grounding issue. Modifying my wire harness as we speak. I have the spacer gasket on it so I think that might really be the issue.I am working on it but I feel like hooking a fuel cut switch isnt the answer. Its just bypassing the issue. But thats exactly my problem. Lets figure this out.
Thanks for all the input.

Just out of curiosity... why are you asking yourself questions, of which you already know the answers?

Anyhoo... Check your fuel pressure with a tester. They usually let you rent them from autozone or o'reilly....

Im just throwing out ideas. Im sure you've thought of all this before. Anyhow, if you pulled it out when it was running good, it could be a grounding issue. thats what i really sounds like to me.

n240sxfnatic
08-27-2008, 11:26 PM
stock gasket, I doubt thats ur problem

undesiredshoe
08-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Maybe the fpr vacuum hose is unplugged

IHasLongTorso
08-27-2008, 11:37 PM
I have checked my fuel pressure. Its at 45 psi. I have checked the voltage values at all sensors and the ecu they are all where they are supposed to be. I checked my fuel injectors for leakage and they don't leak. I have ran it with the maf unplugged. I have checked everything. The only thing you cant really check is a ground. Other than re grounding it. As for it being a grounding issue on the intake manifold. I feel like if n240 only had this problem after he took his manifold off to polish it and i am having the exact same problem then Its probably just a little bit likely that its the same cause for both of us. If n240 could check his grounds on the intake manifold right now then that would be more definitive. Basically everything I have tested is pointing to ground. and the common between myself and n240 is the manifold so it seems it should be a ground on the intake manifold. Right.

IHasLongTorso
08-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Maybe the fpr vacuum hose is unplugged

Its not unplugged. But I suspected that due to the fact that if the fpr wasn't working or stuck open that i would be running at full fuel pressure which is 45lbs. And it does run rich. My O2 sensor voltage is .856 at idle which is really rich. But it fluctuates when I rev.
Thats my only other idea.

n240sxfnatic
08-30-2008, 07:25 PM
my grounds are fine

IHasLongTorso
09-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Well. It wasn't any of my grounds even though my grounding kit works great. But I do have a bad vacuum leak on the main vein aka the break booster line. So I'm going to fix that and reset the initial timing today after I'm off work today @ 6. I hope this is it. Nothing else really makes sence. I'm starting to go crazy. Wish me luck. By the way check out illvialuvers resurection thread. And seriousbadass.com

IHasLongTorso
09-01-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm really hoping that's the problem. We will see.

IHasLongTorso
09-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Ok, so I found out that the front seal on my brake booster was gone so I replaced that and reset the timing. I also got a nismo fpr and have it set to 3bar. It still wont hot start and the idle still wont go below 850ish even with the idle screw alllll the way in. I am now lost. Any help would be appreciated.

n240sxfnatic
09-07-2008, 07:15 PM
found my problem, water temp sensor wasnt plugged in

IHasLongTorso
09-07-2008, 07:31 PM
HHAHAHA As I was about to check this I though about that.