PDA

View Full Version : Igniter chip

Bubbles
08-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Where should this be?

I was poking around my engine in my (very) poorly lit garage and I can't even find anything that seems out of place.

Educate the uneducated.

Sileighty_85
08-27-2008, 07:41 AM
well if its RHD it will be on the (looking at the engine bay) the RH Side of the shock tower along with the EGR soleniod and the W/G Solenoid

LHD it will be on the LH side around the ECU grommet going through the the Fire wall
Most ppl let it hang (not a good idea) or they zip tie it too the AC hardlines comming out of the firewall

I mounted mine to the shock tower in the Bay, but thats just me

Bubbles
08-27-2008, 01:41 PM
The car is left hand drive.

What should it hook into, what parts does it connect? Coilpacks, ecu,?????

Are there plugs on each side? I might be missing stuff.

Sileighty_85
08-27-2008, 01:42 PM
The car is left hand drive.

What should it hook into, what parts does it connect? Coilpacks, ecu,?????

Are there plugs on each side? I might be missing stuff.

well it plugs into the main ECu harness then the other side has a sub harness for the Coil packs

burnsauto
08-27-2008, 05:54 PM
just follow the main harness where it comes out of the firewall (as your looking at the engine, it comes out on the left side.)

two grey plugs (orange innards) ignitor chip goes between the two.

pics for reference:
http://www.frsport.com/writeups/SR_Wiring6.jpg
(close up of the plugs)

http://www.frsport.com/writeups/SR_Wiring5a.jpg
(further back picture, of the main engine harness. ignore all the labels...i just ripped the pics of fr sport real quick.)

aNskY
08-27-2008, 07:53 PM
most swaps have chopped up harnesses so it could be anywhere. i relocate mine under the dash.

Bubbles
08-30-2008, 05:17 AM
This fucker is nowhere to be found.

According to the picture you start with the ecu backing which guides through the firewall(round rubber gasket), and that orange plug(the very next thing down the line) hooks into the chip.

Is that correct?

http://www.frsport.com/writeups/SR_Wiring5a.jpg

I have no orange plug, or really any plugs there. There is a quad set of green wires something or another.

Is it even possible for an engine company to have their shit together enough to include an igniter chip(taped to my ecu) but cut the plugs of the harness making it impossible for it to actually run(without extra parts)?

clark
08-30-2008, 07:17 AM
my front clip came with everythign EXCEPT the ignitor, some d-bag must have yoinked it.

but no, you can't run without an ignitor.

did you get an engine set or a clip?

and noone askedt his yet...what engine do you have?

Bubbles
08-30-2008, 09:13 AM
my front clip came with everythign EXCEPT the ignitor, some d-bag must have yoinked it.

That sucks.

but no, you can't run without an ignitor.

That's not really what I was asking. What it seems they did is included an igniter chip but cut the plugs.

did you get an engine set or a clip?

Engine, tranny, mafs, ecu, UNCUT HARNESS(this is why I'm pissed off)

and noone askedt his yet...what engine do you have?

Redtop SR, hunk of worthless shit.

Sileighty_85
08-30-2008, 09:39 AM
is it in the car or out of the car?

Post pics of the harness if its out of the car