PDA

View Full Version : oil temp sensor in drian plug?

Croan
08-25-2008, 12:23 PM
i picked up a apexi oil temp and i was told that the sensor would directly bolt in to the stock drian hole plug in the sr oil pan. i have done alot of search on the DIY of a oil temp install, and no luck with this plug. can any one point me in the right direction. thank you

Jason Hill

projectRDM
08-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Some senders come with an adapter to screw in place of the drain plug. The problem in doing that is you've got that much more part hanging off the lowest point of the pan that's just asking to get knocked off.

djcobra
08-25-2008, 12:30 PM
GReddy oil pan has a sensor fitting, right besides the drain plug. I say change your oil pan and get GReddy, good for cooling, drifting (has baffles, which prevents the SR from going oil hungry...) also allows you to add another quart of oil, which is always good for our SR motors :)

Steve.

Croan
08-25-2008, 12:35 PM
thank you for your help guys. id like to swap the oil pan but cant realy afford it now. im just trying to get ready for big willow this week end and i was thinking it was an easy quick install if it just bolts in to STOCK location of the drain plug

xplicit240
08-25-2008, 12:54 PM
in addition to the baffles it has windows! great for when your sliding so your pick up dont get starvation.

if anything you can always get an oil block adaptor from greddy. =)

burnsauto
08-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Is there any benefit to having the temp sensor in the oil pan as opposed to near the oil filter, or vise-versa?

would there be that big a difference in temperature?

Croan
08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
i dont think so, it doesnt have much time to cool. unless your running oil cooler

Sir
08-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Is there any benefit to having the temp sensor in the oil pan as opposed to near the oil filter, or vise-versa?

easy to install.
thats about it.

very lazy solution.

Croan
08-25-2008, 02:27 PM
do u suggest any other way?
thank you

jason