PDA

View Full Version : pivot water sprayer thing

Nerfdude
01-08-2003, 07:50 PM
i'm thinking about this one... this actually looks like a good idea. i read in SCC how they hooked up some spray things to spray on the intercooler of thier focus rally car, and just now on takakaira i saw this:

http://www.takakaira.com/asp/template.asp?id=723&cat=2

it's a water spray controller. i have a KA24de, of course, but i could still hook it up to cool down my radiator... good idea? bad idea? waste of time and money, or a decent investment? my car is prone to heat up a bit in the summer....

mrdirty
01-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Nerfdude
i'm thinking about this one... this actually looks like a good idea. i read in SCC how they hooked up some spray things to spray on the intercooler of thier focus rally car, and just now on takakaira i saw this:

http://www.takakaira.com/asp/template.asp?id=723&cat=2

it's a water spray controller. i have a KA24de, of course, but i could still hook it up to cool down my radiator... good idea? bad idea? waste of time and money, or a decent investment? my car is prone to heat up a bit in the summer....

well you'd have to keep filling it up, and water is heavy. Only drawbacks I can see...

Nerfdude
01-08-2003, 08:51 PM
yeah... but i'm thinking i could go at least a day on a single gallon, and that's only like, what, 5, 6 pounds?

kandyflip445
01-08-2003, 11:27 PM
The mist on that one doesn't seem too "ultra fine" to me...couldn't you just build one yourself and have a better quality one? Like using the misters from a grocery store. Those seem to have a lot finer mist than that one.

ca18guy
01-08-2003, 11:30 PM
Is your car overheating at the track or on the street? I don't see a mod list in your profile but if your mostly stock, its probably just a waste of money. Now that I think of it, even if your modded to hell and not overheating it really serves no purpose.

misnomer
01-09-2003, 12:20 AM
No point to cooling down your radiator unless your car is overheating, and if that's the case you have other problems. System like this will benefit in it's main purpose: to further cool an intercooler. Then again, if it's just for drag racing, spraying water on before your run will do the same thing.

In your application, don't do it. It may look slick to people who don't know any better, but to those of us who hae a clue, it's kinda silly. You may look into water injection systems, which can cool intake air in an n/a car. . . Don't look for too much performance out of it though.