PDA

View Full Version : s13 missing and hesitating

civilized_drifter
08-23-2008, 05:39 PM
it all started 2 weeks or so ago and i got really bad when i got on it.
it would start off when ever i would start the car and then after 10 seconds it would go back to normal idle.
i was driving to work on day and i got on it pretty good and then it was missing driving down the interstate and that went on for a day untill i changed sparkplugs/wires. it still does it when i start the car, while driving it is hesitating and throttle response is bad.

zenki s13 with zenki s14 ka24de motorswap
my mods to the car are 255 fuel pump, 300zx fuel filter, exhaust, stock fuel system(rail, injectors).

i was wondering it it could be a bad coil, bad injectors, or it might be because i have a s13 ka ecu running a s14 motor so its running rich.
any help would be awesome

s13boy89
08-23-2008, 06:45 PM
maybe cap and rotor

civilized_drifter
08-24-2008, 12:42 AM
the cap and rotor are only 2 months old

Ceepo
08-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Check your o2 sensor(loose wire or bad), also check the MAFS(i have 2 for sale if u need one lol) is your coolant topped off, i had a single cam engine did the same thing i replaced, fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, also did a maf off another car(kinda helped) then i did a coolant flush and that helped alot(i dont know why lol) also try and reset the ecu, check for any loose wires and such... hope any of that helps