PDA

View Full Version : starting problems

QuickSpoolSR
08-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Ok, so i bought a battery relocation kit and installed it correctly, i grounded it in the trunk to a big bolt that goes into the trunk bottom itself, and connetced the power to the front cable by cutting it and using ring terminals. Anyway I tried to start the car and nothing happened, but all the interior lights and everything are on. So i figured the battery i bought might not have had a good enough charge, so i hooked a battery charger to it, waited five minutes then tried to start it and it made the car crank over, but it never starts it just keeps cranking. i left the charger on it for about 20 minutes and when i came back the battery was hot to the touch, and i took the charger off, and then tired to start it and wouldnt do anything again. I took the fuel line off and cranked it and it was getting fuel while the car was on the charger. btw.

tunersedge
08-21-2008, 09:59 AM
check your grounds, if you just relocated the battery and nothing else, there really isnt any reason why the car wouldn't start, its probably something stupid like a wire getting knocked loose, double check your work.

Massimo Power
08-22-2008, 01:39 PM
yea i would suggest to double check the ground.... either that or i would take a second look at that battery.. especially since you said while it was on the charger it turned over... and when you took it off the charger nothing happened...