PDA

View Full Version : EGI Module and Crank Seal?

240GURL
01-07-2003, 02:31 PM
I tried to search previous posts but I didn't get anything close to what I needed.

My car started making a rattle-noise (like exhaust leak) from the engine, I took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't tell for sure what it was, but there was a small whole in the EGI module. The part costs $44. They also noticed a leak in the crank seal which costs $8. To have them fix it, labor is $200 for the EGI and $150 for the seal. I'm tired of my engine sounding like a lawnmower, but $400? Is that right? Can someone please tell me if they have had either of these probs, if it sounds legit, and what the cost is? If it is NOT the EGI module, and they replace it, I may need to spend MORE money to just have my car sound normal. Does anyone know what else it could be?

I am a bit perturbed about spending $400 on stupid sh**, so thanks for the help in advance.
:confused: :mad: :confused:

240Driver39
01-07-2003, 04:15 PM
where is the location of the rattling noise?, how many miles? just for some more info

240GURL
01-07-2003, 04:53 PM
From the center of the engine, only happens when it is under load so I can't specify the location. I have 80,300 miles. Hope that helps.