PDA

View Full Version : s13 sr20det in a s14 vs. mk3

SR240DET
01-07-2003, 12:39 AM
its a mk3 supra... he has port and polish... stock turbo... gonna be running 14 psi... if i run 14 psi... will i beat him?? i get him from the line... with open diff..... mk3 is like a honda it seems like... highway racing is there only chance...

kaidoy
01-07-2003, 01:43 AM
I ran a stock mk3 supra at stock boost with a stock redtop sr20det in a s13 at stock boost with open diff, got about a car length on him.

Jason

Steeles
01-07-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by SR240DET
its a mk3 supra... he has port and polish... stock turbo... gonna be running 14 psi... if i run 14 psi... will i beat him?? i get him from the line... with open diff..... mk3 is like a honda it seems like... highway racing is there only chance...

yeah the MKIII are heavy and iirc the stock turbo was way to small for the car. they were only putting 230 to the flywheel from factory. should be a pretty good race let us know how it turns out. race him then switch cars and see if the winner still wins ;)

nrcooled
01-07-2003, 08:40 AM
you reall shouldn't have a problem w/ him. MkIV are where you should watch out!:eek:

I have a run coming once I break my clutch in against a '93 Z28. The LT1 is potent but power to weight is pretty damn close. It will give me a chance to see what the lightened flywheel will do for me:D

silnv
01-07-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by nrcooled
you reall shouldn't have a problem w/ him. MkIV are where you should watch out!:eek:

I have a run coming once I break my clutch in against a '93 Z28. The LT1 is potent but power to weight is pretty damn close. It will give me a chance to see what the lightened flywheel will do for me:D

If I were you I wouldnt worry to much about the z the earlier lt1's arent quite as good as the later ones. Couple of my friends have them one has a 93 with only exhaust and the other is a 97 with vortech supercharger.

the 93 is automatic and hit mid 14's on the track

the 97 is six speed and hit 12.90's on the quarter
and 13.80's before the supercharger.