PDA

View Full Version : Sputtering, Almost Stalling, And a loss of power (s13 with a KA24DE)

wow-thats-a-cool-car
08-17-2008, 06:12 PM
To start out I have a 1991 240sx SE with power everything and a sunroof if it matters. The car has light mods like intake and exhaust, spark plugs and wires and suspension set up.

Heres the problem

When I launch the car or drift the car will violently Stutter (??) and go from about 5-6k rpm to 1500 and if you don't let off the gas the car will die. It only happens at the track of if your drifting or driving the car hard.

And I did search the forums to look for answers and found almost nothing. The only help I got was...
-change the plugs (which I did and it didn't help the problem)
-clean the MAF (haven't done I'm unsure on how to clean it and what to use)
-Ground the MAF (I'm gonna do it tomorrow hopefully)

Any help would be useful I need to get this fixed before the next 626 drift event on 9/6

clark
08-17-2008, 06:19 PM
when was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

sounds like something fuel related

swap in a different fuel pump.

wow-thats-a-cool-car
08-17-2008, 06:37 PM
there is a brand new fuel pump+filter but I'm kind of thinking its a wiring issue. I rubbed through part of the harness in the drivers side front fender but i re-taped each individual wire and tucked it up and protected it with a heavy duty hose.

SomedaySoon
08-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Check the speed sersor to check for it being unplugged or cut underneath the car unless you unhooked it yourself to remove the governor. This could be the cause. (Worked for me.) :bigok:

wow-thats-a-cool-car
08-18-2008, 01:19 PM
what do you mean?

essforteen
08-18-2008, 02:12 PM
check your timing or your tps that could be the problem

wow-thats-a-cool-car
08-18-2008, 03:36 PM
^^I will...what is there to check on a tps? and how much is a new one if mine is broken?

essforteen
08-18-2008, 03:59 PM
check if its adjusted right, to do that use the fsm to learn how to do it(you need a voltmeter)
and if its bad a new one is not that expensive

wow-thats-a-cool-car
08-18-2008, 04:03 PM
cool dude thanks ill ask one of my friends if they can test it for me