PDA

View Full Version : Damn five speed swap...

Pblesh85
08-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Ok, im going to post this again and try to get a better answer than before. I finished my five speed swap(sort of) and have some issues. I dont want to pay someone to fix it if it is a simple fix.

I finally got it to start but it wont go into gear when its running. If you turn it off it goes it just fine. So I try to start it while its in gear. It lurched forward but I had my ebrake on and foot on the brake(my clutch is all the way on the floor because it is not bled all the way yet. I also cant get fluid in the line. Or at least enough to give the pedal a solid feel. I try pumping it with my hand, then loosening the bleeder screw and it comes out in a solid stream. No air bubbles...). It then died. I tried to start it in neutral and now there is NO POWER AT ALL !!! It does not even light up my dash. I have a 100amp fuse running to my batt.(in the trunk) and it is not blown. My fuses look ok. Im not sure what happened.

Im pretty sure that if I can get my clutch to bleed It will fix my mechanical issues(I hope). Also when my slave piston lines up with the fork, it is bent quite a bit(not actully bent but not going straight out). It still moves the fork but only .5-1.0 inch. Is that normal ? Im using a ka slave on an sr. Is that an issue ?

Can anyone help before im forced to have someone else fix it or sell it and start at square one...

If I cant fix it anyone want it ??? lol... $6,500 firm.

Breakdown81
08-15-2008, 06:41 PM
theres an adjuster located on the rear of the clutch pedal, you have to make sure that its set properly otherwise you may not be fully engaging the clutch which would prevent you from getting into gear, conversely it may be tightened too far down meaning that your clutch is always open, hence when you release it its not going into gear. you shouldn't have anything bent on the master/slave cylinder side of things either, thats no bueno. hope this helps if i think of anything further ill post it up. Im no expert on mechanics either but you should probably get the proper master and slave for the engine youre running. Don't be a ghetto modder.

nixad
08-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I've done two 5 speed swaps and had that problem once, it was resolved by bleeding the clutch more, dude above me also had a good point maybe you need to ajust the pedal. also check for leaks on the line that could be letting air in. :2f2f:

fromxtor
08-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Have you tried your local forum for help? If not Welcome to Carolina Nissans! (http://www.carolinanissans.com)

Vision Garage
08-15-2008, 07:16 PM
push the piston on the slave with your hand to build pressure. Since the fork does not fully extend to push on the clutch, either the slave is not bled properly or maybe you installed the clutch wrong. So use your hand to push against the slave piston while your friend steps on teh clutch pedal. If that doesnt work, post a video of the said problem. About your lights not working, make sure all the grounds and good.

Are you getting any power at all?

Pblesh85
08-17-2008, 09:38 AM
as soon as it stops raining I will give it a try.

MrFixIt
08-17-2008, 09:52 AM
As far as the clutch line goes, that is almost definitely the reason why you can't shift while it's running. Have you removed the dampner loop yet ( Clutch Line Modification - Removing Damper Loop - zeroyon.com (http://www.zeroyon.com/index/content/view/32/47/) )?

I had a similar problem when I did my swap. First I removed the dampner loop. No luck. It turns out I had a bad MC and had to run to autozone and order a re-build kit AutoZone.com | Shopping | Parts | Product Detail - Clutch Master Cylinder Kit (http://www.autozone.com/selectedZip,32951/initialAction,partProductDetail/initialpartType,00869/initialR,820625/initialvehicleId,2009301/shopping/selectZip.htm) . After that it bled like a champ :) .

I can't help you with the whole 'not starting' bit though... get a jump? Shit, I dunno.

gijoe69
08-17-2008, 09:59 AM
just gravity bleed that sucker!

Pblesh85
08-17-2008, 10:06 AM
I removed the dampener and am running a circut sports clutch line. It goes straight from the cm to the slave, Its brand new.

gijoe69
08-17-2008, 12:16 PM
make sure to secure the clutch line. I made a mistake, by not securing it, every time I engaged the clutch, it felt like the pedal was shaking....also 1 pc. cheap stainless steel clutch lines don't last very long...my crap is already leaking I am using Agency Power line.....

Pblesh85
08-17-2008, 01:37 PM
make sure to secure the clutch line. I made a mistake, by not securing it, every time I engaged the clutch, it felt like the pedal was shaking....also 1 pc. cheap stainless steel clutch lines don't last very long...my crap is already leaking I am using Agency Power line.....

Thats the same one I have. How many places did you secure the line to ? Did you zipties or ???

Pblesh85
08-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Also does anyone know what my electrical problem might be ?(as stated in the first post)

Thank you.

nixad
08-17-2008, 07:04 PM
only wiring you need for a 5 speed is the neutral position switch