PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating TB Coolant Lines SR20DET?

BiG MiKE86
08-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey Guys im in the final stages of finishing my motor build - Just wondering how/if I could eliminate the cooolant lines going into the throttle body? Thankx for the help

Bigsyke
08-12-2008, 06:45 PM
yes, Get a 3/8ths barbed fitting I believe, and find the 2 coolant parts on the TB, disconnect, and couple with 3/8ths brass coupler.

I would go as far to insulate the coolant lines running under the IM.

BiG MiKE86
08-12-2008, 08:41 PM
insulate how? why? thanks for the info +rep

Jordan-S13-Silvia
08-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Im intrested in doing this also but i wonder is their any bad effects that would happen after rerouting the the TB coolant lines.

BiG MiKE86
08-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Im intrested in doing this also but i wonder is their any bad effects that would happen after rerouting the the TB coolant lines.
from what i understand those lines to the TB are mainly for colder climates to keep the TB from sticking... obviously down here in South FLorida I dont need this

Bigsyke
08-12-2008, 09:33 PM
IMO even in colder climates you might not need it, KA's put out alot of heat. I did this on a civic in -20*f and nothing ever froze.

There is some NASA looking shit from DEI you can get that velcros around the coolant lines.

blownmotor
08-12-2008, 11:35 PM
I just looped it around and bypassed the tube under the throttle body. Plus coolant constantly runs through there and makes the throttle body hot thus comprimising the cold air going through.

ROIDMONKEY
08-12-2008, 11:41 PM
I had it like that untill 3 days a go. I was having cold start problems so i decided it to put the coolant again into the TB . i still have the cold start problems after i did the coolant lines to TB. my mechanic says it ill put hot air inside ur intake . i dont think it ill make that much of a different. ive run it with and with out , feel no different at all. if u want to do it just use the one next to the block and connect it to the one next to coolant temp , pretty simple .

BiG MiKE86
08-14-2008, 08:54 AM
I had it like that untill 3 days a go. I was having cold start problems so i decided it to put the coolant again into the TB . i still have the cold start problems after i did the coolant lines to TB. my mechanic says it ill put hot air inside ur intake . i dont think it ill make that much of a different. ive run it with and with out , feel no different at all. if u want to do it just use the one next to the block and connect it to the one next to coolant temp , pretty simple .
Oh kool thanks bro - i was gonna use a hose to hose splicer - but running the line direct sounds much neater - thanks! +Rep

smelly240
08-14-2008, 09:35 AM
i dont have the lines to the TB or IACV anymore i dont think... at least i know the iacv ones are gone.

Bigsyke
08-14-2008, 10:24 AM
IMO the whole thing is kinda useless on a KA. The bleeder screw and upper rad hose is connected to the IM anyways, so looping the lines and even a thermo IM gasket wont help.

BiG MiKE86
08-14-2008, 11:37 AM
i dont have the lines to the TB or IACV anymore i dont think... at least i know the iacv ones are gone.
The IACV doesnt need those lines? It doesnt affect its performance?

Bigsyke
08-14-2008, 11:59 AM
For the TB, if you live in colder weather, its not a huge deal.
For the IACV, if you live in colder weather, keep it!

For warmer climates loop them, but I highly suggest getting very good clamps, and do NOT stretch the hoses in anyway. Pin hole leaks will thow you whole cooling system off.

If you do reconnect then lines, you HAVE to get new coolant hoses, because the 3/8ths barbed couplers will stretch them open, and it will never seal correctly again

BiG MiKE86
08-14-2008, 03:19 PM
awesome... Ive already installed the IACV Lines but the TB will be gettin looped today

Thanks!

BiG MiKE86
08-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Well I ran the TB Coolant lines like RoidMonkey recommended and it came out fairly clean and it was pretty simple - Ill post pics later

nsn240
08-15-2008, 02:24 PM
You can knock the fittings right out of the throttle body for a cleaner look as well