PDA

View Full Version : Tubular manifold: catch can hoses melting

SHIFT_*grind*
08-12-2008, 02:47 PM
I have an Espelir manifold and CS catch can (stock can won't fit, of course) and the hoses running to the can, and also to the crankcase vent, are melting. It's the stock shitty vinyl-ish hose that came with the can.

Suggestions?

I was just going to get some braided -10AN stainless line and use that, but wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. Could I get by with high-temp silicone hose, plus maybe some of that heat-resistant sleeving?

n240sxfnatic
08-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Ive just been using 5/8 inch heater hose with no problem and have been driving 3 hours + almost every weekend.

Forge_55b
08-12-2008, 04:02 PM
if you have the money just do the an fitting with ss braided hoses cause if that doesn't solve the problem then obviously something else is wrong

smelly240
08-12-2008, 04:04 PM
wait - u put the catch can where the oil seperator was? that doesnt really go there... I mean its not bad - but its not very effective.

u can just run a hose there.

SHIFT_*grind*
08-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Nope, the catch can is at the front of the car. The hose between the valve cover T and the crankcase vent (where the stock can would be) is melting, as is the hose running from the T to the catch can.

Is heater hose going to be better than this hose that came with the can? I mean, I knew it was shitty hose, but I didn't know it was THAT bad =\

Anto
08-12-2008, 04:39 PM
heater hose is good shit. I can't recall having one ever melt on me, if it's that bad they get brittle and crack, but I've only seen that on old cars and my 66+k mile bike

Z33dori
08-12-2008, 05:10 PM
just buy some heat sleeves

Well i know O'riely sells it.... not sure sure about Auto Zone and Advance

or just buy some heat wrap