PDA

View Full Version : Can we be allowed to swear?

Kreator
01-03-2003, 04:45 PM

You get my point right... :p

-aishiteru-
01-05-2003, 10:48 AM
I don't have a problem with the censorship but I don't like how my name is ***'ed out. Poop!

Mark & Irena
01-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by -ai****eru-
I don't have a problem with the censorship but I don't like how my name is ***'ed out. Poop!

What was your name originally?

ca18guy
01-06-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Mark & Irena
What was your name originally?

I think she means her name gets bleeped out when quoted, not that she had an old account that got lost.

Jeff240sx
01-07-2003, 11:32 AM
Heh. I think that it would be cool to allow selective censorship. You don't wanna see swear words, click it in your control panel. If you do wanna see swear words... unclick it. It couldn't possibly be that hard.
Its not that I am a hardcore cussing addict, but it's the principle. I am 20, can vote and (kinda) drink beer, and going to college where my professors say much worse than that to me. Yet here I'm getting the G-rated Zilvia. Heh.
-Jeff

-aishiteru-
01-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by ca18guy
I think she means her name gets bleeped out when quoted, not that she had an old account that got lost.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Sorry I wasn't clear. :)

Tubed4evr
01-13-2003, 11:59 AM
I agree . . . I believe sometimes there are situations that call for a little colorful language. I really liked that we weren't censored on the old board. So how bout it?:p

wherezmytofu
01-22-2003, 09:38 AM
http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/nono.gif if u want to curse u got to curse the right way...... with F * * * * N spaces :D ;)

Edited by Jeff240sx :p

wherezmytofu
01-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by wherezmytofu
http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/nono.gif if u want to curse u got to curse the right way...... with F * * * * N spaces :D ;)

Edited by Jeff240sx :p i've been moderated :eek:

DSC
01-29-2003, 04:26 PM
The real question is...should "rice" and "ricy" be added to the list of censored words. Since people seem to be more often offended by that than they are **** **** ass bitch ect...

you ****ing ****r that wing is so damn ****

Jeff240sx
01-29-2003, 04:36 PM
Yea. That could happen, but then your name above the avatar will be:
DSC
Aspiring ****r
Heh.
-Jeff

mrmephistopheles
01-30-2003, 08:17 AM
While I'm an adult and have no problem with a little bit of swearing, I can understand the use of censoring swear words, as there is NO kind of age requirements for using Zilvia. Granted, 99% of kids 12 and up know how to swear, but that doesn't mean we need to promote it. It's really sad to me how kids' vocabularies have shruken so considerably because they use swearing as multipurpose descriptive words for EVERYTHING.
ie. That motherf'ing b**** is a f'ing s***head. Instead of:
That person is making me mad because they don't use common sense.

It's making people lazy and unable to use their beans!

Kevin