PDA

View Full Version : KA-T stumbles and has no power

FaLKoN240
08-04-2008, 12:13 PM
I tried KA-T.org already and got almost no responses, so I figured I'd ask here.

I went to the track shortly after getting my new car put together.

On the way there we discovered my BOV was too tight, and that's why I stumbled at full throttle, after I adjusted the spring on my BOV, the car ran great, boost and power all the way.

After a while I was a little curious and did a BOV delete set up (compressor surge)

Needless to say it didn't work well, so I put the BOV back in, and now the car stumbles at more than half throttle.

The turbo will spool (you can hear it) but it runs rich, and doesn't pull the car at all.

I'm not sure what it could be, my friend went off track a lot, but I don't think that has anything to really do with it.

I need to do a tune up, (plugs and wires) but the car ran fine for the entire track day.

Why would the set up change now?

I have no meters to gauge my boost, temp, or oil pressure, I'm pretty much going from the butt dyno here.

BTW

KA24DE

T28

450cc deathwork (haha) injectors

Z32 MAF

ARC BOV

Enthalpy ECU tuned for my specific set up.

SHIFT_*grind*
08-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Are you sure there's not a leak at the BOV?

FaLKoN240
08-04-2008, 12:21 PM
I can try tightening it, but it was too tight before, I'll try that when I get off work.

ewuzh
08-04-2008, 12:23 PM
So it was running fine with the properly adjusted BOV.
You removed it and then you put it back in.
Now no power and running rich?

My guess is air/boost/leak problem. I would get a boost gauge to see if you're even boosting or if there is a boost leak somewhere.

But man...going to the track on a custom KA-T setup with not even a boost gauge...kinda like driving at night without headlights

brokeAs240sx
08-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Sounds exactly like a car w/ a boost leak, especially since you are running MAF...

if it's not @ the BOV, it could be anywhere on your intercooler piping. Either when you did the "bov delete" or from the off track excursions, you could have created a leak in any one of the couplers on the piping.

SHIFT_*grind*
08-04-2008, 12:26 PM
I can try tightening it, but it was too tight before, I'll try that when I get off work.

There's that, but I was thinking along these lines:

So it was running fine with the properly adjusted BOV.
You removed it and then you put it back in.
Now no power and running rich?

My guess is air/boost/leak problem.

Maybe there's a leak where you mounted it? I'd just check everything over really well and make sure you didn't miss anything.

sunnys14
08-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Turbo spooling loud + no power = Boost leak for sure

A wideband would help to see if you are leaking boost (rich)

NemeGuero
08-04-2008, 03:40 PM
leak da boost

bardabe
08-04-2008, 09:39 PM
el boost leak.

downshift_sideways
08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Agreed.

Leaking boost homie.

KA-T's always pwn YOU! :(

NemeGuero
08-04-2008, 10:38 PM
So I heard a rumor that Evan might be doing another Ka-t.

!Zar!
08-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Boost leak.

duh.

FaLKoN240
08-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Boost leak.

duh.

OK, then help me come fix it!

!Zar!
08-05-2008, 01:58 AM
Hahaha.

Could've done it today.

Could be doing it right now.

I'm wired off energy drinks and coffee.

Shit.

Uhh...

Wake me up and I'll deal with it before I head out.

hahaha.

Hyper as fuck... shit.

deuceforty
08-05-2008, 07:37 AM
check the manifold where it meets the turbo, i know i had similar issues and when i pulled my mani and turbo 2 of the nuts had backed out and the other 2 were very loose. not to mention the gasket had blown out