PDA

View Full Version : Turbo elbows....

addictedtosin
08-03-2008, 01:05 PM
I am fairly new to the forums, I have been doing a lot of searching here and there but i just wanted to clarify something.

I was wondering that if i were to buy a Megan Turbo Elbow, will that fit a SR S13 stock t25 turbo, also in the future will that bolt up later on to a gt2871r...Does the megan turbo elbow need some sort of speacial fitting for the 02 sensor? (I kind of have an idea what the answers are I just want to clarify it though)

I am also kind of debating on just buying the megan (because of price) or just going w/ the greedy elbow, since it seems that a lot of people who are pushing good amounts of hp are running greedy. Is it that much of a difference performance wise one vs the other? Any help would be appreciated.

adictd2b00st
08-03-2008, 01:10 PM
i'm sure alot of people will tell you it doesn't matter, but i've always stuck with the greddy because it just seems like a better quality piece....i've had one on 3 seperate cars and never have run into any issues with fitment/cracking etc

drftthatshit
08-03-2008, 01:53 PM
greddy all the way

fliprayzin240sx
08-04-2008, 05:10 AM
I am fairly new to the forums, I have been doing a lot of searching here and there but i just wanted to clarify something.

I was wondering that if i were to buy a Megan Turbo Elbow, will that fit a SR S13 stock t25 turbo, also in the future will that bolt up later on to a gt2871r...Does the megan turbo elbow need some sort of speacial fitting for the 02 sensor? (I kind of have an idea what the answers are I just want to clarify it though)

I am also kind of debating on just buying the megan (because of price) or just going w/ the greedy elbow, since it seems that a lot of people who are pushing good amounts of hp are running greedy. Is it that much of a difference performance wise one vs the other? Any help would be appreciated.

Most aftermarket elbow will work for both T25 and T28 turbo. T2 series turbos are styled like the T28 5 bolt pattern. One of the studs between the T25 and T28 is off a bit. Most elbows are slotted to make up for it.

As far as the o2 sensor, it all depends on what you have. Most good name brand elbows will have an adapter so you can run either the skinny or the fat o2 sensor. IIRC, MR sells i separately.

greddy all the way

Wrong...Tomei is the best elbow out there bar none...:boink:

SHIFT_*grind*
08-04-2008, 02:31 PM
The skinny O2 adapter isn't on Megan's website, but you can call them and ask for it. $15 shipped, better than $20 + shipping from Enjuku :eek3:

addictedtosin
08-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the great info guys...

usdm180sx
08-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Wrong...Tomei is the best elbow out there bar none...:boink:

But it doesn't have the divider plate.

Firestorm
08-05-2008, 02:25 AM
i had a megan elbow and downpipe with flex section...ended up selling it because the flanges were bent so it wouldn't even seal if i had installed it. besides, the gaskets were crap.

i'll go for a circuit sports "cobra" 1-piece elbow and downpipe, because 1. the DP section is oval and sits flush with the chassis rails and 2. the elbow piece is cast and therefore has no kink from bending so it will probably flow better.

fliprayzin240sx
08-05-2008, 08:40 AM
But it doesn't have the divider plate.

Trust me on this, that divider plate doesnt make a whole of to difference. I've had real Greddy, MR, Night Pager Screamer Pipe then Tomei. Tomei made the most difference out of all of them. Hated the Screamer pipe cuz it sounded like an external wastegate, having a buddy club exhaust with it made my head wanting to explode after a couple of 1.5 boost checks on my greddy T518Z.
Swapped the Tomei unit in, made a night and day difference, pulled harder and hit full boost alot faster...Tomei is worth the money in my book...didnt think it would make that much of a difference but I was a believer afterwards.