PDA

View Full Version : after power fc djetro install.........

adictd2b00st
08-03-2008, 11:02 AM
car starts right up, idles great....... went for a drive and very sluggish, it doesn't like to rev or really build any boost at all, i haven't given it alot of throttle yet because i know something is not right. i have 555cc injectors so i set the injector to 67%, is there anything else i need to change? my commander displays the extra sensors in japanese, i can see where it says boost control and i assume by default its turned on? the "on" or "off" is what i can't read because its not in english lol can someone confirm that? anything else that i'm missing?

*edit* btw, when i put the intake temp sensor in, i wired it as shown in the directions to pins 21 and 26............ cut the blue/yellow, and tapped into the other one

Dousan_PG
08-03-2008, 11:28 AM
um...did u get it tund yet??

adictd2b00st
08-03-2008, 12:05 PM
nevermind i'm a fucking retard.......

when i took the maf off to sell it since i was converting to djetro i had put a piece of paper towel in the intake so nothing would get in there, guess who forgot to take out said towel.... hence creating a huge blockage in the intake system

$450 mistake right there, turbo is shot now and spitting tons of oil into the IC piping, wonderful

and no, its not tuned, but like i said i'm not driving it hard at all, i just took it around the block, without the towel in there it drives like normal out of boost like i thought it should, but looks like i'm down until i get another turbo...... anyone selling a bb s14 t28? :(

aNskY
08-03-2008, 01:10 PM
you definately need to turn off boost control if youre not running the boost control kit

anyway lol sorry about your turbo. trade my turbo for your shortblock :hsdance:

adictd2b00st
08-03-2008, 01:16 PM
yea i knew i had to turn it off, i just couldn't read the characters to know if it was on or off lol i assume its "on" by default, so i switched it to the opposite which would be "off"

and yea, what a shitty way to kill a turbo, seriously

Jlee
08-04-2008, 02:40 PM
the off symbol has like a + sign in it. And supposedly if boost control is on but the kit isn't wired in, the car won't start.

Jon

DJ_Sunrise
08-04-2008, 02:43 PM
If its set on "on" it still starts.. I accidentally "initialized" all date like a retard after I had my car tuned. it starts.. But the check engine light goes on if you dont have the BC kit. That was on zenki sr.

-bart

adictd2b00st
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
thanks guys :) i'll check it again when the new turbo goes in :rolleyes: ugh